Utah!

Hi, from Utah here too. Totally addicted .
jumpy.gif

Got my hatching eggs from Sunnybrook farm.
They are changing their breeds. They have Lots of Black sex links chicks coming soon.
See my blog for all the details about my menagerie.
I am glad i find this group.Really cool!
thumbsup.gif

smile.png
Welcome, I got some of my girls from sunnybrook. I will be stopping in to pick up some of the black-sex links next week too. Hope to hear alot from you. CK

Quote:
Sorry - I don't, but I'll keep an eye out for someone who does.

frow.gif
frenchy chick - welcome to the Utah page! With everyone getting chicks and eggs from Sunnybrook Farm, guess I'll have to check them out
wink.png

Chicken Stuff Reminders for June;

Wasatch Community Gardens is teaching a class about Urban Chickens (I'm going!)

Urban Chickens
Weds., Jun. 24, Grateful Tomato Garden, 800 S 600 E, 7-8:30 p.m.
Great eggs and great fertilizer come from happy poultry. Learn the chicken care basics. We will
cover local regulations, coops, breeds, and any fowl questions. Suggested donation $5. Seating is
limited. In order to reserve a seat, please email Krystal Rogers at [email protected]
or call 801-359-2658 x12.

On Saturday June 27th, Wasatch Community Gardens is also hosting it's annual Tour de Coops . (I'm going to this too!)

Hop on this self-guided tour of backyard chicken coops around Salt Lake. Guidebooks, $5, are
available for sale from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Coops will be open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., no dogs please.

Some BYC folks are meeting and touring together. Leave a message to find out who/when/where.

Then, at 4:00 PM, Back Yard Chickens is hosting it's first ever (Northern) Utah Chicken Stock.
Everyone is welcome! The Chicken Stock will be an informal get together to talk about... what else? Chickens!

Time - Saturday June 27th at 4pm
Place - Bear Park - Sandy Utah
Agenda - Chicken Stuff
Food; BYOC (Bring your own Chicken?)

I have also contacted Nify Chicken, owner of Back Yard Chickens, who said he would donate a 3 month Golden Feather subscription to our first Utah Chicken Stock. We just need someone figure out a way to raffel this baby off. Let me know if you have any comments.

I'm attending both of these events, too! Waibel Zoo and I talked about meeting at 9:30 for the Tour de Coops. Maybe we'll have to make a sign or something to find each other, since I still don't know what any of you look like.

kimbobim

Ya'll will recognize me. I'll be the one with a carton of eggs...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

I'll be at the urban chicken class too....and the Tour....and Bear Park Chickenstock.

Quote:
DH says to tell you I'll be the one carrying a chicken.
wink.png
We're still finishing our big coop, and since this is his idea of a Parade of Homes for chickens he figures I should take at least one of our ladies so she can let us know what she likes.

I don't know if anybody has read what PC went through. He had to cull his entire flock due to MG and lax bio-security methods. I know we all plan on getting together later this month, some doing the Tour de Coups and others meeting afterward. Personally, my bio-security wasn't up to snuff and we are taking drastic actions to change things. I would hate it if something terrible happened to anybody's flock. I apologize if everybody is already aware of this.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=196261

(On the plus side - I still plan on meeting everyone afterwards, will just take some extra precautions
wink.png
)

I've been following that thread, too, and feel sick about it. I've been wondering about this as well - some of us here on the Utah thread have talked about visiting each others' coops, but how do we do that and keep all of our flocks safe?

I do have shoes that I wear only out to the coop, and will be wearing other clothes as well for the Tour. Does anyone else have suggestions?

thanks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom