Utah!

Gosh, I am behind again. I thought my settings were to alert me of any new posts to this thread but I give up....

As for Le Casa, I lost a roo Christmas and today another roo, a little Antwerp Belgian (my only). No sign with either, just gone.

Cynthia, remember to email me and keep me posted on your batch!

Cynthia, I actually still have the camera active on my chicks. I put a paypal donate button up to fund a new camera, so now I actually have a better camera. Not fabulous, but a lot better. Anyway, I'm going to keep it on the chicks until they're too big for the aquarium tank. Then I'll do hatch cam again. The link for that is http://www.mycampage.com/acaptivechicken

It's got over 7000 views now! Does that mean I'm internet famous?
lau.gif

When did Rebecca say she'd have more eggs for you, and how many did you order? I expect she'd get enough fairly quickly- of my 7 eggs, 5 were laid Sunday and 2 were laid Saturday.

Lisa, still no change on the sick chick? I know what you mean on culling. I feel like Hulksmash isn't doing well, and she isn't responding to physical therapy at all. I feel like she's even gotten worse. I'm sure a more professional chicken owner would have culled her by now, but I just can't bear to.

ElkMtn, like gone gone? Like disappeared gone? How weird. I'm so sorry.

Gosh, I am behind again.  I thought my settings were to alert me of any new posts to this thread but I give up....

As for Le Casa, I lost a roo Christmas and today another roo, a little Antwerp Belgian (my only).  No sign with either, just gone. 

Cynthia, remember to email me and keep me posted on your batch!

Sorry to hear that! Hope you do not lose anymore :( My girl is sitting in the garage. She has eaten a little. Do not know what is up with her, just going to keep an eye on her and see what happens :/
Sphinx---I am rooting for Hulksmash. I see she is lounging around in the back....crossing fingers :fl

Last edited:
I live in Herriman UT.

I could sex them but could not guarantee the sex I say they are because I am not always right.
hide.gif

P.S the IFA in Riverton has healthy chicks, I stay there about an hour every tuesday when they have chicks and they are constantly checking for water and food to see if it is empty or to see if the light is too low or too high. Plus they always call me before they order chicks to see if i wanted any special breeds ( I reserved for 5 years in a row)
roll.png

I love Meyer hatchery. They will sell their chicks straight run, their place looks clean, and yes, I realize they could be showing only "the good" but I will try and post them.

We've gotten two shipments from Meyer Hatchery and would order from them again. I tried to alert them to a problem with their line of dominiques, but I don't think they believed me. Our dom out of our last order was different. It took me about two months to figure out she wasn't stupid, she's mostly blind and hatched that way. I've encountered two other people on BYC with blind doms from Meyer around the same hatch date. I just think it's such an endangered breed that the genetics were bottlenecked and Meyer has some recessive blindness stock. All the other birds have been incredibly healthy and their customer service is awesome.

Besides some special treatment, like eating scratch out of the can, nothing stops her, and she wins every staring contest. :)

Sorry to hear that! Hope you do not lose anymore
sad.png
My girl is sitting in the garage. She has eaten a little. Do not know what is up with her, just going to keep an eye on her and see what happens
hmm.png

Sphinx---I am rooting for Hulksmash. I see she is lounging around in the back....crossing fingers
fl.gif

I think you're doing all that you can. Have you tried putting electrolytes in her water? Ours also go nuts for cooked oatmeal.

We had one acting similar this morning and I pulled her inside. She's been drinking an insane amount of water. I think it was a combination of the cold and dehydration. Only I don't know how she got dehydrated, I put out fresh warm water every morning.

As for Le Casa, I lost a roo Christmas and today another roo, a little Antwerp Belgian (my only). No sign with either, just gone.
You lost another roo? Geez, I was hoping with the new year you'd have a little reprieve. Ugh, speaking of that I should have the horse vet out, but I can't afford it right now. I'm hoping it's just a bad sprain or bruise.

I live in Herriman UT.

I could sex them but could not guarantee the sex I say they are because I am not always right.
hide.gif

P.S the IFA in Riverton has healthy chicks, I stay there about an hour every tuesday when they have chicks and they are constantly checking for water and food to see if it is empty or to see if the light is too low or too high. Plus they always call me before they order chicks to see if i wanted any special breeds ( I reserved for 5 years in a row)
roll.png

its good to hear about your experience with ifa. i just prefer not to get chicks and will buy pol pullets before chicks. hey cynthia thanks for the link to meyer, been looking at egg scales and they have the best price i have seen so far, actually most the prices are great
big_smile.png
they also sell african cranes, its the same breed that was on the news in california when one escaped from someones house and a lady found it in her yard, i know if i had the money, time and space i would so get a bunch of them
smile.png

You know you have a chicken problem when the feed store has you on speed dial. LOL

Lisa, how is your chicken doing tonight?

Sphinx - she is in the garage still...seems to still be breathing heavy but she has been nibbling and drinking....seems warm, not moving around much though, it is just really weird. Maybe I have just not noticed her breathing this way, something just seems wrong, cannot put my finger on it. Will keep her there though until she seems better and I know she is not sick :)

Back
Top Bottom