Vent Gleet? Other hens bullying

I looked at the 3rd picture again and I think it might be a tumor. Not saying it is, just that it could be.

-Kathy

I actually had some oral antibiotic that I gave her fro 10 days left over from another chicken. It helped some but didnt clear it up. I will run to walmart and get the otc yeast stuff you recommended. How do I dose it for her? she is pretty good about taking oral medication, but really put up a fight and got stressed when I was crop feeding her. I was hoping her vent protrusion will repair as her yeast infection improves and she hopefully gains some weight. It is soft, and I can push it in, but, of course, it comes right back out again. If this was Mericks wouldnt she already be dead? This has been going on since May. It is intersting that you said that though. When I first got the 4 rescue hens, I brought one into the vet because she was blind, like this, in one eye. Her name is Helen. The vet said she was fine and as long as she is eating and drinking and getting along with the others not to worry about it. And she is, and she does, so I didn't. That was about a year ago that I got those 4 hens.

I think dose is about 2.5mg per pound once a day. Tablets are 100mg, so you'll have to find a way to give her the correct amount.

-Kathy

As for her having Marek's and not being dead, they can live for many years with eyes like that, but eventually they'll die from internal tumors.

-Kathy

Fish zole? I think I have some. Had a hen with blackhead some time ago. What would you do? Looking at her vent protrusion and all other things considered is this worth persuing?

Fish zole? I think I have some. Had a hen with blackhead some time ago. What would you do? Looking at her vent protrusion and all other things considered is this worth persuing?

Fish Zole could be used to treat blackhead or necrotic enteritis, maybe some others.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom