Vermont

Im currently still doing repairs on my coop. Unfortunately the bad weather we keep having lately has been slowing me down. Going to expand the chickens yard area. Want them to have more room to roam.lots of work and projects going on!
expanded their yard area today. Another 10ft by 10ft. Lots of room to roam now! Almost finished.

Beautiful birds! I've got some brahma mixes here too. They are from my light brahma hen and my buff orp rooster, both of whom have passed on now. But their two daughters are doing well!

That's awesome. Sorry to hear the parents have passed. The daughters look great very beautiful. Is that chick her baby? I'm still trying to figure out what the father of mine was. I think he was a black astrolorp.he passed but we still have the mom as you see.
Beautiful birds! I've got some brahma mixes here too. They are from my light brahma hen and my buff orp rooster, both of whom have passed on now. But their two daughters are doing well!

That's awesome. Sorry to hear the parents have passed. The daughters look great very beautiful. Is that chick her baby? I'm still trying to figure out what the father of mine was. I think he was a black astrolorp.he passed but we still have the mom as you see.

That particular chick is her adopted baby, it's half CCL and half ayam cemani :) The other baby is actually a guinea keet, and she had several more under her in this picture. She's a great mom, she goes broody every year and I always let her hatch something.

Love the pictures !

I have a broody about at the point of hatch !!! Hope to have 3 spitzhauben and 3 AB Blues (like Whiting Blues) So crossing fingers ....

Then another FINALLY went broody - so if she stays at it another day - I'll move her to the dog crate and give her the eggs I really want hatched out ! :)

I have an EE hen that is a year old who keeps trying to hide a clutch of eggs and sit on them. We don't have a rooster, but we would like to let her try hatching some eggs... any tips? Our first girls are only a year old so we are new to this. Anybody local have some fertile eggs?

I have an EE hen that is a year old who keeps trying to hide a clutch of eggs and sit on them. We don't have a rooster, but we would like to let her try hatching some eggs... any tips? Our first girls are only a year old so we are new to this. Anybody local have some fertile eggs?
you could get some fertile eggs from someone but my suggestion would be to get a rooster if you can. That way he will naturally fertilize the eggs for you. And she can hatch them. If you don't want anymore chicks after that I believe all you have to do is collect the eggs before she lays on them for to long and hatches them.

Love the pictures !

I have a broody about at the point of hatch !!! Hope to have 3 spitzhauben and 3 AB Blues (like Whiting Blues) So crossing fingers ....

Then another FINALLY went broody - so if she stays at it another day - I'll move her to the dog crate and give her the eggs I really want hatched out ! :)
I'm excited to see the new chicks when these eggs hatch! Good luck!

Where in VT are you? I've got fertile eggs.

I'll also have chicks in 3 weeks, plus fertile eggs now - AND I have a great young rooster looking for a home

So if you get a rooster - it is too late for this hen - she wants to sit and brood on eggs for 3-4 weeks ... well - I guess you could put him right in - but it is best to keep a new bird separate from the flock for a while - letting their bodies get used to all the germs on both in small does - plus gettting the new birds used to the sounds and smells and such of the new home.

Back
Top Bottom