Vermont

HollyFoss - what a nice mix of birds you have !

What kind of peep is the black and white one in the uppper part of that picture? Looks very cool.

My daughter loves her fluffies

HollyFoss - what a nice mix of birds you have !  

What kind of peep is the black and white one in the uppper part of that picture?  Looks very cool.
[/quote. So.. My sister brought me these, they were sent to her by accident so we are figuring them out as they feather out. She is my favorite. Her name is Oreo. Haha

ha ha OREO ? GREAT !

I like those surprise chicks - you sometimes even get surprised later after they turn a year and do a real - whole body molt - and then you see their final colors.

Well - keep sharing pics so we can watch her grow into ... ??? :)

Here
9 of my new babies. I currently have 30 plus meat birds, and 6 turkeys. These guys will be joining a flock of 13 layers and a rooster, one Peking duck and 1 mallard.

I love Oreo! She will probably turn out mottled, which is very pretty. How did your sister accidentally end up with her?

The place she ordered her chickens from got a replacement order for 11 chicks. They must have mistaken the order number for hers and she got a surprise shipment the morning she was due to visit me for a week. So she transported them all the way from Connecticut to me! (she already has 18 of her own) and I am a sucker for fluffies.

Last edited:
My photo Friday pictures :)

Baking, you were asking how my holderread ducklings were doing so here's a picture from today. The little one on the left is a drake, not sure on the one on the right yet.

My broody pekin duck having her morning constitutional. I checked her nest and she has at least five eggs, maybe more. It's hard to tell because she has them all snuggled up and covered in her down.

Lacie and her new friends getting along swimmingly. I couldn't resist the pun :p

Two of Green's chicks posing on the fence they knocked down. They're starting to leave their mother now, but they still follow her around sometimes.

A pile of fluffy cochin chicks sunbathing:

Tesoro posing for me:

One of my ayam cemani hens actually holding still for a picture for once:

Pretty Boy being pretty:

Well that was pretty neat. I just heard our resident barred owl calling outside, and I went out and 'talked' with him using a youtube video of a barred owl calling. I've gotten a picture of this guy before, he's been around for years. I won't leave chickens out at night but otherwise he's harmless and I doubt he'd want to tangle with the geese. He did a really low fly by right over me to investigate the calls. Beautiful animals.

Love owls !!! I wish the Horned Owl that checks my place each night wasn't checking for chickens who want to stay out !!! :)

Thanks for all the pictures all ! what a smashing success on our first Picture Friday ! :)

Next week I promise to share some of my chickens ... ha ha ha

next week i will have pics too, and Burleigh noticed i have been down about the Millies and MJ, so this morning he said, and i quote "maybe we should get ducks"
wee.gif
now to get working on all the projects we already have

Back
Top Bottom