Virginia

I'm loving reading everyone's post!

I mentioned building a coop out of pallets earlier in the thread- and I'd still like to try it sometime- but my husband is trying to get his electrical business off the ground, so he's working such long hours, he had me buy two for our flock of 19. My sons and I put them together. DH had to put doors on the coop entries because they didn't come with any, so we can shut them completely up each night. They each came with a small run, though I'm sure it's not big enough. I think we'll probably move the coops around the yard frequently, since they're not too big. It only took a few days for the older chicks to know where to go each night- last night the boys went to shut them up and they had all already gone to roost. Too cute!

We have one crippled hen who got her leg hung up in a brooder lamp. My sons told me she flew up there, but didn't tell me she had gotten hung up by her leg until it was too late to fix it. She gets around okay, but I found a single woman who wants her for a pet. We'll see if she actually takes her.

Welcome to the addiction

1f602.png
Love it! My boys are constantly asking if we can get more chickens! I'd love to if we had the space!

Back
Top Bottom