Virginia

Are you going to be breeding the German line? I only had three to hatch :( so I am trying to get a few more to go with them so I can at least get some started by next spring.
Right now I will settle for some that are not from the GL.
If Cheapchickfarm will be bring some that's fine ,I will PM her ,if not I will get back with you.Just remember me when you get then going :)

Quick question...what are the hours at Gilmanor? I gotta work for a few hours in the morning and don't want to miss it.
barnie.gif

This website says 8am-2pm.
http://virginiapoultrybreeders.weebly.com/upcoming-events.html

Are you going to be breeding the German line? I only had three to hatch :( so I am trying to get a few more to go with them so I can at least get some started by next spring.
Right now I will settle for some that are not from the GL.
If Cheapchickfarm will be bring some that's fine ,I will PM her ,if not I will get back with you.Just remember me when you get then going :)

I've got 12 so far, ranging from 4 weeks to 4 months old. I doubt I'll be selling any chicks from these until next spring.

I am SOOO excited - I can barely wait for Gilmanor!
droolin.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
yesss.gif

I got the brooder on Sat. and just HAD to set it all up. A nice fluffy bed of shavings, a block with the feeder sitting on it, the waterer hung up, the light hung...... and on! I keep telling myself that I'm just being sensible and making sure that it will hold the temp. You know, responsible.
.... Of course, that doesn't really explain why I keep catching myself saying "chick, chick, chick" everytime I walk up to it....
duc.gif

I'd better get some chicks in it soon or who knows what might happen.

I live in Goochland County but am considering moving to Hanover, but surprisingly, I'm having trouble finding a neighborhood that allows chickens (and horses). Anyone in the forum know of any neighborhoods in Hanover county that I should look into? I would like to have at least 6 acres, preferably 10.

I'm in Goldvein (down 17S past Opal), sometimes I meet customers in Warrenton that come down from your area. Also have a friend selling chicks in Amissville (out 211). We both have new hatches, blue and splash orpingtons and black Americanas and maybe some others but these are "straight run" so you will be getting roosters and hens. I'm selling mine for $5 each (hatched April 25). I do have a few of the March 7 hatch chicks left at $10 each..New Hampshire Reds. (Figure 6 months to laying in planning for your eggs.)
I don't know if I'll manage to navigate over to the newbies section, so good luck! Lee

Quote:
Great! We have been looking for guinea keets, but they seem to be harder to come by this year. Do you have various colors? We are hoping to get atleast 8, but don't want to be greedy. Can one reserve them? If not, we will be there early to pick some up.
Thanks

Last edited:
Yes we will be there. we will Sell Quail and Guineas they are hatching as we speak. we started out with a doz quail. we will be under blue tent with black Ranger behind it. look forward to seeing you, Husband can answer any questions you have.
Great! We have been looking for guinea keets, but they seem to be harder to come by this year. Do you have various colors? We are hoping to get atleast 8, but don't want to be greedy. Can one reserve them? If not, we will be there early to pick some up.
Thanks

Sorry I accidentally posted this twice... New and it shows
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom