Wacko Geko Quilt Block Swap-SIGN-UP CLOSED

CoyoteMagic

RIP ?-2014
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
only the shadow knows.....
I don't believe I'm doing this, but here we go again.
wee.gif

This swap is based on the 12 1/2inch Geko blocks at http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/PDFs/2008%20Gecko.pdf

Fabric: All fabrics used should be 100% cotton, very nice quality quilt appropriate fabrics. No flimsy fabrics, please. FABRICS MUST BE PREWASHED PRIOR TO USING.

Colors: Batik and wild print for Gecko Light colored background.

Block Pattern: http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/PDFs/2008 Gecko.pdf ***Special Note***We will be making our blocks 12 1/2 inches NOT the 12 1/2 x 10 1/2

Number of blocks: 12

Blocks due to me: June 15th, 2011. Blocks will be swapped and mailed out asap after all are received. I will only wait 5 days for stragglers.

Mailing: When you mail your blocks to me, be sure to INCLUDE INSIDE a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) with your address in both the From and To slots with the EXACT same amount of postage as it costs you to send them to me. If your packages do not have the appropriate postage, I will "return to sender". Blocks and SASE should be able to fit in a small flat rate Priorty Mail Envelope--I believe the stamp is $4.95. Be sure to get 2 stamps. 1 for sending to me. 1 for sending back to you. (2 sets will easily fit)

Please post here if you would like to join. As well as posting here, please PM me with your email addy, so I can keep the addy information for this swap.

Enjoy!!!

Participants
Golden--- Received
Babymakes6-- Received
Coyote--- Received
Baustin--Received
Luna---Received
Andalusn--Received
Urban---Received
Tabby--- Received

Last edited:
Quote:
Is the background supposed to be batik, or the Gecko? Light or dark?

I fixed it!

Batik and wild print for Gecko Light colored background.

Great-I can't wait to get started!
Can I have your address, please?
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yes you can!!! We can show you how! It's actually really easy. All you have to do is use your sewing machine to zigzag stitch around the edges of the Geko. That's all I do! I used to do it all by hand but not anymore. Fun thing is you can use a color that matches or something that really causes it to jump off the background.

Come on...pretty please....Come join us!!

Back
Top Bottom