Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

The ACV has to be Un-pasteurized, un-filtered to get the benefits. I don't measure, just a small glug for the gallon waterer and a big glug for the 3gal one. And the person was prolly using cayenne pepper, not chili powder. Cayenne pepper helps PREVENT, not treat worms.
Hey Turtle Power-

My son sees a special doctor in Oregon City a few times a year- nice place to be! Since you travel to-and-fro, have you ever gone to the Olympia Co-Op? It's 1 block from the Pacific Ave exit in Olympia (nrth of the capital). They have a terrific bulk section that includes unpasturized ACV, raw honey, raw molasses, etc. Best prices ever. I lived in the Olympia area for 4 years and miss being able to go there. If you're driving thru, take a couple empty jugs with ya!

BTW- if you are ever on Sauvie's Island, that's where I started life.

Quote:
I love a good conversation...but I'm a bit worried about having the kids with me and actually being able to hold a conversation. We'll see how it goes. I might break my cardinal rule ONE time and bring the iPad to give to them to play on in the restaurant just so I can think straight. Gah! I HATE technology moms who don't teach their kids to exist amongst other humans but give them devices to shut them up instead. OK. I talked myself right outta that idea LOL
No come on do it. It's not like an every day thing.

Quote:
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif

AGHH... when did my sweet little granddaughters turn in to HENS???
ep.gif

Their mommy is gonna be surprised very !
lau.gif
OK, OK, I forgot the grand kids because mine are 800 mi away. I found out I am going to be a great grandmother again. I'm too young to have 2 great grandchildren! I'm only 39.... well, for quite a while I have been 39.
old.gif

Expected hatch date is Feb. 13. I got the eggs tonight from the same person who I gave my LF to. They are from a mixed flock with a gorgeous buff laced SL roo.
Are you hatching LF or Bantams? I thought you were done with LF? Are you just hatching for practice and giving the chicks back from egg owner?
about meet-ups.... up here in the northend we have found that it's nearly impossible to get a date and time for that works for everyone so we just casually make arrangements the one tonight was never meant to be an actual meet-up a couple of us were getting together for dinner as friends and I thought Hey! let's post it on byc and see if anyone else can make it so my advice (which is worth what you're paying for it :) ) is if you want to get together with someone, just set a date and time and go for it life is short, ya know....do it now!
So right When a couple peeps decide to meet do it and if ya want tell others and if they make it fine if not there will be other days. Speaking OF MEET UPS !!!!! I went up and got our reservation covered today. It is in my name they are expecting 10-15 at 1:00. ALSO anybody who may be thinking about coming to my place after. Be warned We have a lot of standing water so ya may want to bring "barn shoes" unless ya wanna go bare foot.
Is the reservation under "Chicken Rustler" or your real name? do all the new peeps coming know your name? :oops: I will be bringin my rubber boots. I wanna check out your place and meet your famous "Fudge" I didn't see if you confirmed or not, are you coming to the South meet-up tomorrow? Hopefully you can make it.
I hope so!
So, I may be just a crazy person, but I don't vaccinate and do not plan on doing so with my chickens. I am a huge fan of ACV, and can understand the need for medication. Are there others out here who choose not to vaccinate their flock? Just curious how their flocks do....
Hey there, I don't have much time to read thru this forum, but interested in how much apple cider vinegar you put in water? Also, I don;'t want chickens that are vaccinated. We've got TWO people in my family with vaccine damage, and I don't like to vaccinate anything anymore (was once a beleiver...). I saw someone else who adds chili powder to their feed, and all sorts of tricks to keep chickens healthy. So far we have zero health problems from my semi-free-range chickens, and I sure don;'t want any. I'm planning to get a +more hens and another rooster. I'd like to be pointed to any tips to keep them healthy. So far they are on organic feed and I am going to try out the Patriot Feed No corn, no soy blend and see how that works. I give oyster shell. Other than that, free range and whatever organic fruit and vegetabel scraps we give them. Occassionally they get leftover bread, etc. I've had my mini-flock for a year, no health issues and hoping to continue the trend! Any tips welcome!
Nothing to add but I do a Tbsp per gallon of ACV:Water Also, if you want to meet a few of us, we'll be at the IKEA restaurant at 10:30am on Saturday morning.
What does the ACV do?
Blackie and Latte with my big 'ol Drama in the background. He may be taller, but she's got him beat on the wide end of it all. Lol.
Cute!!
Night all, see those of you going to the South meet-up tomorrow. I will likely be wearing my Pro Bowl t-shirt(blue). And don't be shocked if I don't carry conversations. I am horrible at the face to face conversations, at least starting them. Tomorrow will be a stretch out of my comfort zone. But I want to meet y'all.
Ibet somebody can put that to rest and get ya talkin. I hear rumor that somebody maybe quite the talker. Renee? Jeanine? Nikki? Travis? who might it be??? Surely not me !!!
Me? A talker? No way!! (said with heavy sarcasm and a smirk). ;)
AGHH... when did my sweet little granddaughters turn in to HENS??? :eek: Their mommy is gonna be surprised very ! :lau
OK, OK, I forgot the grand kids because mine are 800 mi away. I found out I am going to be a great grandmother again. I'm too young to have 2 great grandchildren! I'm only 39.... well, for quite a while I have been 39. :old
Awww, congrats on the new baby!

I love a good conversation...but I'm a bit worried about having the kids with me and actually being able to hold a conversation. We'll see how it goes. I might break my cardinal rule ONE time and bring the iPad to give to them to play on in the restaurant just so I can think straight. Gah! I HATE technology moms who don't teach their kids to exist amongst other humans but give them devices to shut them up instead. OK. I talked myself right outta that idea LOL

Things have changed so since I had little ones. Things where more simple and the kids had less expectations of being entertained all the time. I give you moms of little ones credit. It's not easy raising kids now days. You have to worry so about outside things we didn't worry about much.

Back
Top Bottom