Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Well that's great; they must be happy and getting settled.
1f60a.png
They had been chatting with the hens next to them so today I put them in with the others this morning, I realized they where about the same size so they are in the main coop doing fine.

There is suppose to be a 2 day poultry show at the Monroe fair in March, Just hang in there, some one will find you. THere are also other ones that are looking also.
please see post 34034, and Carolyns farther down, previous page for info on the *one* day Monroe poultry show. It is sponsored by the Washington Feather Fanciers, who have not updated their website yet regarding this show. It is usually held in the big metal building by the Antique tractors on the side where Monroe Feed is located.

Regarding the Plymouth Rock, have You looked for a Plymoth Rock thread or tried the Eastern Washington thread????

Last edited:
Hi I am looking for a Barred Plymouth Rock breeder near Davenport or at least near Spokane. This is very important . . please guys don't ignore me like last time. Thanks.

It's pretty rare to get ignored by this group unless it's just one specific question that we don't have an answer for. Sorry it happened before. Was it this same question?

Based on your criteria for choosing a chicken to show and use as a layer (per your post Picking A Breed:please Help!), you might want to look at other breeds that are available in the time frame you have. What do the others in your 4H group show and where do they get their chickens? Have you attended any of the annual shows on your side of the mountains or the west side? They are good places to meet breeders with common interests. You might also want to use google to check for breeder groups/clubs that can point you to members in your area. I've found that when I get my heart set on a specific breed I have a harder time finding exactly what I want than when I have a list of 3 or 4 possible.

Best of luck, I hope you find what you need.

Wow, this thread sure has slowed down since the last time I was here. Used to be pages and pages to go through daily. Anyway, still on the lookout for a Wheaten Marans roo
I just want to warn you that I got some Wheatens from a guy near Olympia. I don't know where he got them, but they had the recessive short toe gene and all of them had the little toes. The one with the nicest coloring died, and I culled the others. Just beware when you are looking for roosters because they may have some undesirable traits in them.

I may get into those in the future, mostly I want the Marans for their barring so I can sex the hatched babies. Can you sex your chicks? And what would they cost?
I can sex most all of the breeds I have, sex links or not..by looking at their combs, leg shanks, or wings, and yes the Silver Cuckoo is a sex link breed, although not as easy to sex as some breeds are.
The hardest breed (to me) to sex, (even at a month of age !
he.gif
)
Is the Ameraucanas !!!!!
Those peas can fool you !!!
I am not hatching any Silver Cuckoo Marans, until further off in the spring, and have various prices, I can PM you.
But seriously, if you want Olive eggers, Silver Cuckoos are not what you need.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom