wazine

My chickens were still alive at noon today.
D.gif
I'll keep you informed of my success or lack of with Wazine 17
Hopefully they drank enough. If not, just treat again or get some Valbazen and give it orally. might me a good idea to retreat with the Wazine in 10-14 days.

-Kathy

I did take their water source before they came off the roost this morning and replaced it with a quart of water + 1.5 teaspoons of Wazine for 6 large pullets. At noon, there was till about 1/2 the water left in the trough.

Thank you soooo much for the advice and pics. I've only had chickens for 15 months, and I've learned so many lessons. Some not so good. Any advice is much appreciated.

I broke down the proportions so I could give them just enough for a day or less, since there are only 6. This a new experience, too.
I think they need to have the medicated water for 24 hours. Dose I think works out to ~1.5 teaspoons per quart (7.5ml per quart).

-Kathy

Note: Always check my math!

Hi Kathy, I recently came across one of your replies to a post on Wazine 17. You posted some pictures in response to an inquiry about identifying worms. Apparently the gal you responded to said her worms did not look like the ones in your pictures. But mine do, and I couldn't find where you identified them. As a novice in raising chickens ( and now experiencing my first worm infestation) I don't know what type they are. Could you please enlighten me? I treated with Strike III last week, treating 11 hens for 4 days (withholding eggs for 3 days thereafter). Today was day 3 after treatment and while the infestation has greatly decreased, I still see the white worms in the poop so I went to the feed store and purchased Wazine 17, hoping that will do the trick. A little bummed though that recommendation for withholding eggs is 14-17 days after treatment. Appreciate any info. RaeJean

I came across your post about using Wazine 17 for your first use in de-worming your flock. I find myself now in your position and am new to this issue. How did the Wazine work out for your flock? Did you treat in the water only 1 day or multiple consecutive days? How long did you withhold eggs? RaeJean

Back
Top Bottom