weird regional words...

Quote:
My dad's favorite was "a few bricks short of a load"

We say "dumber than a pound of nails." Hehe, I think all 3 phrases mean the same thing though.
big_smile.png

Outside of Jersey they have to add that they "headed to the Jersey Shore" in NY you are going "to the Island" little further north you are going "to the Vineyard"

No one in the Lehigh Valley area of PA says the Jersey shore...they just say they are going "to the shore" or "down the shore"​

Some one might have posted this but in WI

Bubbler = Water Fountain, it called that because the first water fountain was made in Kohler WI and the water pressure bubbled out the water

I think ya'll have forgotton turtle hull. My grandmother always called the trunk of her car a turtle hull and I forget what she called her glove compartment. I think it was a squirrel box, not sure though.
Also, my mother's family and my dad's family have always argued about what the metal pipe under the driveways are called. Mom calls it a whistle, and dad calls it a tin horn.

Quote:
No one in the Lehigh Valley area of PA says the Jersey shore...they just say they are going "to the shore" or "down the shore"

everyone in Philly calls it the Jersey shore but really it should be called the dirty shore...
lau.gif

hey lady, watch where you step! That's a needle.....
ep.gif
I will never forget that day
ep.gif

Quote:
Lol I am guilty of saying that too.
hide.gif

How about Peepers?
love.gif
I love listening to them at night. They are a type of frog (I think tree frog but not 100%) and they make a peeping type noise that is so soothing and peaceful.

everyone in Philly calls it the Jersey shore but really it should be called the dirty shore...

Actually in recent years the Jersey shore has some of the cleanest beaches in the country.​

Quote:
Actually in recent years the Jersey shore has some of the cleanest beaches in the country.

There is actually a Jersey Shore, PA and it is neither near the shore, nor near NJ!

Quote:
Actually in recent years the Jersey shore has some of the cleanest beaches in the country.

Can't touch Florida
thumbsup.gif
And the only beach that i ever liked was LBI and brigintine. Wildwood, sea shore hieghts, ac beach...nasty
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom