weird regional words...

Quote:
My father would say "go pound sand" that was how he swore

had an Iowan friend who when severly irritated would say he was feeling "sandy" or that he was "fulla sand" and couldn't take much more of what ever annoyance was occuring.

Quote:
My father would say "go pound sand" that was how he swore

had an Iowan friend who when severly irritated would say he was feeling "sandy" or that he was "fulla sand" and couldn't take much more of what ever annoyance was occuring.

Sorta like when you've been at the beach or near some pond or tank and get all that sand in your drawers....that's a heap of 'irritating' right there. That would make me feel 'fulla sand' as all get out.
big_smile.png

To me, a pond is a little body of water, usually artificial. A tank is either something made of glass that you put water in, OR it's a powerful mobile cannon w/machine gun.
clap.gif

Quote:
I am from LI, NY about 20 min from NYC. Here we say soda not tonic, unless however we are having tonic water which is what you put in a gin and tonic.
big_smile.png

Quote:
The first time I ever went to Texas it was snowing when we landed in Dallas. I lived in Michigan at the time so it certainly wasn't new to me, but people were kind of freaking out. That was january of 1977 btw.

Back
Top Bottom