Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

It was terrible! Thisvis what it looked like rolling in…..

View attachment 3106620
My sister and brother own a farm between Canistota and Salem. They have extensive damage out at their place - my brother’s truck was pushed about 75 feet from where it was parked, then a loafing shed was torn from the ground and totaled the truck when it landed on it. They lost two outbuildings completely, trees are uprooted, fencing blown over, roof gone off the barn….it’s a huge mess.
Wow!! What terrible devastation! Glad they're okay though.
Yeah, son said he drove home from work just ahead of it - that pic is exactly as he described it. Terrible visibility and debris in the road... he thought he'd gotten a flat tire at one point because he was hitting so many things, so he pulled off to check. He said he could barely make it around the car to check things because the wind was pummeling him so hard.

And, thanks to @bobbi-j and her tips, Orr has her first batch of canned chicken!
IMG_20220514_122219_01.jpg

Good Evening, Pond!
We’ve had an eventful couple of days here on the prairie! Thursday evening it stormed here as well. 80-90 mph winds and heavy rain. We lost a lot of trees in our grove, several came down on the driveway, and one squashed my garden shed. We also got some water in our (finished, carpeted) basement and were without electricity until late this morning. I can’t complain, though. All those things were just inconveniences. Our house was unscathed. My mom has a tree centered on her 3-season porch and almost a foot of water in her basement, and one of our neighbors lost half of their roof. We were able to run the generator to keep the sump pump going, and my 4-day old baby chicks got to live in the house for a couple of days so I could plug their MHP into the generator.

We had lots of help with cleanup, though. Two of our nephews came to help, and our two sons that live out of town and their families came to help. The sons came home to help us and my mom, and their wives stayed in town to help that son and his wife go through and clean up stuff from their flooded basement.

But things like this tend to pull people together. In town, right after the storm, people were wandering around with chain saws helping cut up downed trees (there were a LOT of them!) A business downtown lost its roof and many people were there to help clean up and cover or move equipment inside to prevent damage. Out here in the country, all the neighbors were checking on each other. It always restores my faith in mankind when I see that. I took Friday off school (couldn’t get my car out of the garage). Instead of classes, grades 7-12 were dismissed to help people with yard cleanup.
Here is our driveway -
E4260F19-424D-4CD5-BCF8-9CB41616A27E.jpeg
B08A0D6A-1294-41B5-9012-8F505976B0C7.jpeg
A3B6FED9-FECD-45A7-9E61-BD926896C745.jpeg

These three pictures are what were between the house and the machine shed. The next ones are when you turn the corner to go from the machine shed toward the road.
22B5EA17-C78E-42A5-8B5A-D29FDFA7679E.jpeg
F8D6EAB0-627E-478E-931A-A068851DEDA1.jpeg

E50C2F3E-1FFF-45F4-9EC7-22C4E8ACDFF4.jpeg
FEC72673-6D95-48AB-A58C-96B29233A240.jpeg

My mom’s house. The sidewalk between the two trees is up about 3’.

I hope your weekend was calmer than mine!

Good Evening, Pond!
We’ve had an eventful couple of days here on the prairie! Thursday evening it stormed here as well. 80-90 mph winds and heavy rain. We lost a lot of trees in our grove, several came down on the driveway, and one squashed my garden shed. We also got some water in our (finished, carpeted) basement and were without electricity until late this morning. I can’t complain, though. All those things were just inconveniences. Our house was unscathed. My mom has a tree centered on her 3-season porch and almost a foot of water in her basement, and one of our neighbors lost half of their roof. We were able to run the generator to keep the sump pump going, and my 4-day old baby chicks got to live in the house for a couple of days so I could plug their MHP into the generator.

We had lots of help with cleanup, though. Two of our nephews came to help, and our two sons that live out of town and their families came to help. The sons came home to help us and my mom, and their wives stayed in town to help that son and his wife go through and clean up stuff from their flooded basement.

But things like this tend to pull people together. In town, right after the storm, people were wandering around with chain saws helping cut up downed trees (there were a LOT of them!) A business downtown lost its roof and many people were there to help clean up and cover or move equipment inside to prevent damage. Out here in the country, all the neighbors were checking on each other. It always restores my faith in mankind when I see that. I took Friday off school (couldn’t get my car out of the garage). Instead of classes, grades 7-12 were dismissed to help people with yard cleanup.
Here is our driveway -
View attachment 3108391View attachment 3108392View attachment 3108393
These three pictures are what were between the house and the machine shed. The next ones are when you turn the corner to go from the machine shed toward the road.
View attachment 3108394View attachment 3108395

View attachment 3108396View attachment 3108398

♥️♥️♥️♥️🙏🙏🙏🙏

Good Evening, Pond!

Here is our driveway -

Oh, my!

I am glad all people are safe!

Good Evening, Pond!

Here is our driveway -

I hope your weekend was calmer than mthan
Your mom's house!!! So glad she is safe!

Good Evening, Pond!

Here is our driveway -

:hugsHappy everyone is safe!

Back
Top Bottom