Welsummer or EE Rooster?

lotsablessings

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 14, 2011
Panhandle of Florida
I have looked at endless pics of both breeds. Can't seem to figure out what our Woody is?

I was given these hens and rooster as a gift from a friend's friend. All she said about the breeds was she thought they were fancy breeds?

If any one can tell from these pics, I am trying to figure out the two hens as well. One looks like a Golden Campine, but can't figure the solid tan one. The solid tan one has blue eyes.

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

I don't think it looks like either. It looks very similar to a Cubalaya. Google search them and see for yourself. He's really pretty! I love those long tail feathers!
love.gif

Quote:
Running to look that up!!

I don't think he is. His tail is more errect. He has a normal comb, it's just layed down. He also has grey colored legs.

ETA: He also has a brown chest, not dark.

Last edited:
His comb screams cross breed and his tail and saddle feathers look like he has some long tailed breed like Yokohama or Phoenix in there. Your hens look like crosses too.

I was really thinking the hens were. I couldn't find a single example of a blue eyed hen (I am a novice, so could be completely poor at this searching thing).
wink.png
I was thinking the golden one was Campine and Golden Lace? I don't know. The buff colored/blue eyed one is small then a Buff O, and has slight feathering on her feet. So I was thinking cochin and Buff O?

Here is the welsummer I found online that resembled him:
poultry-welsummer.jpg

And here is the EE (Ameraucana) that I found:
Amerancana%20rooster.jpg

What exactly do you mean by game in him? I looked at longer tailed breeds...but figured if he had some of that in him, he must have a mix because he doesn't quite look like any of them.

I know he is one gorgeous man!!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom