went to a horse auction

Very pretty. I'm avoiding the auctions here. My neighbor tells me that horses are going for under $100 here and I can't have one until maybe the end of next year.

The last sale barn I went too, horses for going so cheap, most under 100. some they couldnt even get a bid on, but chickens are still holding their price.............

Quote:
he is a great horse isnt he,I got to meet him when we went to pick up the bay roan son of his,,he is in Iowa now,and you go over there and all the horses look like little clones of him,even the ones out of totally different type of mares,they are just all different colors..the sale barn is owned by some friends of mine,,some not so special horses,going cheap,but also some really high end stuff,I saw 2 of theirs go for a nice price,one for 6200.00 and another for 6500.00..I have seen horses go for 14,000.00 and even higher at this sale..and within the last 5 years.

Quote:
actually his brother is barrel raceing,I wont go that direction with him,,this is cattle working horse country,which can run around 700+ a month for training,but sense I got him this cheap it doesnt bother me to put a month or two on him and see what he does..if nothing else I will have another really good looking trail horse..lol.

Quote:
he is a great horse isnt he,I got to meet him when we went to pick up the bay roan son of his,,he is in Iowa now,and you go over there and all the horses look like little clones of him,even the ones out of totally different type of mares,they are just all different colors..the sale barn is owned by some friends of mine,,some not so special horses,going cheap,but also some really high end stuff,I saw 2 of theirs go for a nice price,one for 6200.00 and another for 6500.00..I have seen horses go for 14,000.00 and even higher at this sale..and within the last 5 years.

It's hard to believe Ris Key is 25 years old .. wow. I was just thinking, when I first met him, I was pg with my first daughter -- who will be 18 in December ..

He was foaled in '84 .. just 3 years after I graduated high school ... A lifetime has passed since then.

A friend of mine in Texas has a daughter of Ris Key and she's the most athletic horse I've ever seen. Very, very cowey, so I bet your boy will be great with cattle. You're making me so jealous. I used to work cows all the time 'cause I married into a cattle family the first time. Then the creep I married left me. I didn't care about him after that, I just hated to leave his family!
Congratulations. Nice boy!

Back
Top Bottom