What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Do you know what's funny? The looks on their faces when my hens arrived. They simply could not believe I brought them all that way, at such a cost and that it meant so much to me. I wept like the child I am.

I am a very small Canadian fish, well out of the water.

So much more from these magic men. Some other time I hope. I have other fish to fry, quickly.

I have three lawyers and a notary to argue with tomorrow, then the worst: have dinner with my friends. Then a bonfire in honour of the finest human being ever to walk this earth.

I have shied away from such things, because I cannot control my grief. Probably never will.

I cry too much. I talk too much. Im an idiot really. I need her.

Goodbye solid, trusted land. Goodbye generous water. Goodbye wise and helpful trees. Goodbye caring spirit guides. Goodbye old and new friends. Goodbye memories of this place. Goodbye august ghosts and sirens.

Goodbye. Goodbye. Goodbye...

:hugs :hugs :hugs

Power 88 WBHY FM
Kenny’s Weekend SpinDown November 1st

1. Power – We Are Messengers
2. Burn The Ships – for King & Country
3. Holy Water – We The Kingdom
FUTURE TRACK – Oasis – Kalley
4. Enough – Koryn Hawthorne
5. Echo – Elevation Worship feat Tauren Wells
6. Dead Man Walking – Jeremy Camp
7. God’s Not Done With You – Tauren Wells
8. I Look To You – Joel Vaughn
9. Rescue – Lauren Daigle
10. Anchor – Skillet

Kenny’s Weekend SpinDown November 8th
1. Power – We Are Messengers
2. Burn The Ships – for King & Country
3. Holy Water – We The Kingdom
FUTURE TRACK – Safe – Neon Feather feat. Chris Chron
4. Enough – Koryn Hawthorne
5. Rescue – Lauren Daigle
6. Dead Man Walking – Jeremy Camp
7. Anchor – Skillet
8. I Look To You – Joel Vaughn
9. Echo – Elevation Worship feat Tauren Wells
10. Yes & No – David Dunn

My lawyer had a plan. On vets/remembrance day no less. He tells me lawyers will work any day if they get a signed cheque at the end. Boy did they. I've never seen such a large figure on a cheque, never mind sign it too...

First flight from Williams Lake to yvr, another hop to Lake Union in a DHC2 floatplane, et voila! Im in Seattle. Caught my sister's legal team with their pants down. Not my new sister, my actual blood sister, the sneaky, conniving crook I grew up with. I haven't worn a suit in 35 years, but it seemed to intimidate her a lot on the video link from under her rock deep in the bowels of the planet. It took minutes and my property issues are fixed. Cost a packet, but the alternative was even costlier. Now our old farm can be transferred to the charity without blood-sucking leaches attached!

They don't know it yet, but I've also instructed the lawyers to bestow the charity --once it's incorporated-- with an endowment in Marina's name of course, for training carers, paying vet/feed bills and buying/creating more foster farms. She will continue to save fallen, broken and cast-off critters in perpetuity.

Just one last task then tomorrow early I'm on another Q400 to yvr, then Westjet to LA, then a hop over to Houston for a United 767 to Sao Paulo.

Another 12 hours slowly bumping over ruts, rivers and boulders the size of Volkswagens and I see my hens and mutt again. It's almost 150 miles from the station gate on the worst road since the Trans Canada Highway, to the fazenda where we shall be living from now on.

Then me and Jed walk up to the ridge and tell Marina what I done. She will be pleased.

Im sorry for not posting pics, but I'm not even remotely interested in recording this awful time in my life. When I surface again in this forum, God only knows when, I shall come armed with plenty. Just not now... I want to try and forget as much as possible, as fast as possible.

In a few minutes, I hope, I board a charter Caravan direct back to the Cariboo regional strip at 108 Mile, where my pals will be waiting with lots of salmon and I surprise a young fella with this phone (Note 9) and the keys to my truck (Blood red GMC Sierra HD quad cab) He needs them more than me. In fact he's gonna find himself rather popular all of a sudden!

For the bonfire/smudge on the reserve I won't have cell coverage, so this is probably it. The month+ long maudlin gong-show I have dumped on you poor sods will be over at last!

Right then, I'll start shutting up already. I'm bingo.

Toodles!

Back
Top Bottom