What Bantam breed(s) should I get?

They are some of my most friendly. I've got 3 OEGB hens and a Pyncheon hen in one coop and most days I collect 2 to 3 eggs from them. I think once a week I'll only get 1 egg. I thought they'd be really broody, but they're not in my experience.
My mom's OEGB hen went broody last year, & hoarded a clutch of eggs.

Haha! Agreed. I edited my post right after I realized it 🤣 They're definitely more for eye candy and brooding. That bantam Cochin fluffy butt is the most adorable thing ever 💜
I would love Cochins as I have heard they are WONDERFUL…the broodiness trait scares me! I could do without as many eggs but I would go crazy breaking broodies left & right!

An occasionally broody hen is to be expected. I could take care of that once in awhile lol.

Ended up hatching these cuties. Had to switch broodies, since she refused to continue sitting when I moved her.
20210831_122207.jpg
20210831_122223.jpg

I would love Cochins as I have heard they are WONDERFUL…the broodiness trait scares me! I could do without as many eggs but I would go crazy breaking broodies left & right!

An occasionally broody hen is to be expected. I could take care of that once in awhile lol.
Yeah, between Cochins, Silkies and Seramas (at least in my experience), it's like they're in a never ending cycle of being broody.

Back
Top Bottom