What can't they eat???!?!?!?

That's funny 'cause mine ran away from the head of cabbage I tossed into the run yesterday. But all I have to do is appear in the back yard with the container of mealworms and they go nuts.

They love pasta with lots of sauce they pick out any green peppers thought, anything with sauce, speghetti O's, yummy.. I swear they lick the dish clean. They love watermelon, corn on cob, whole kernal in can, tomatoes fresh or canned especially stewed. They do not like Big Y meatball but they love hamburg, love love keilbasa. They will try anything I put in the pen but if they taste it and don't like it they run off yelling as if it bit them. I tried hanging cabbage, lettuce but they don't like the swaying. Two like scrambled eggs three don't. They like live mealworms and when I put dried in the pen they look at me like I've lost my mind.

Mine are fluffy garbage disposals. They will eat just about anything I put out there. I have not found one thing the little monsters will not eat. If they can peck it to death its food. One of my neighbors wild kittens got in there and had to be rescued. Poor little thing.

That you for that post (list) of things they can eat. You made it easy for me. I am a new at this and it so helped to see that post. I have been feeding my chickens just about everything on that list- it was crazy to see how much they loved meat. Was checking to see if ok to feed them meat. I even fed them some left over pizza the other day and they went crazy over that. I didn't realize they could eat bread. Think I will hit up the local bread store and see if they have some stored back or sell cheap for them.

Wow, Great list and very helpful!! My adventurous crew found our compost and went wild. So now my DDs make sure they get to go there at least once a day. They have the run of the garden now it is done. The lil' buggers have been eating the leaves of my golden rain tree which has low branches. It is only 2 years old and needs to be moved, but DH's list takes precedence. We, meaning my DS and I just ran a cord from house to shed which will provide electric to the coop to keep their water thawed this winter. I was looking around BYC and found the Cookie Tin Waterer of which I have every thing I need to make it already. though I did see one on you tube using cinder blocks and the basic principle is the same, but seemed more stable. We still have a few other things need doin' on the coop to make it ready for winter. Hopefully DH can clear his "schedule" of anything non chicken related tomorrow. Our oldest DD has been asking him everyday for a 2 months to finish it LOL! If he doesn't we will. Sometimes you just gotta git er done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jodi

Yesterday, my husband finished a jar of peanut butter. The jar was plastic, so he cut the bottom off with a couple of tablespoons of PB on the bottom. My girls went crazy

Back
Top Bottom