What color is my turkey

Chickenmama2929

Hatching
Jun 22, 2023
I bought turkey eggs from someone in my area I hatched them but don’t know what color this one is. Mom was red bourbon and dad was fall fire. It doesn’t look like the other red bourbons I hatched from a different breeder.

Attachments

• IMG_4402.png
    IMG_4402.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 201
I believe that is just one of the possibilities. It looks like it has 2 red genes which a Red Bronze does not have. A Red Bronze only has one red color gene.
The two possibilities according to the calculator are "bronze red" and "red bronze" and clearly it has two red genes, so it must be bronze red.

I bought turkey eggs from someone in my area I hatched them but don’t know what color this one is. Mom was red bourbon and dad was fall fire. It doesn’t look like the other red bourbons I hatched from a different breeder.
That poult is a bourbon red. The red bronze will have stripes on its back.

The two possibilities according to the calculator are "bronze red" and "red bronze" and clearly it has two red genes, so it must be bronze red.
Bronze- Red does show as a possibility. Never had that one come up before. In this case that is more a description rather than the name of the variety. It is very likely since the Bronze- Red does have 2 red genes.
That poult is a bourbon red. The red bronze will have stripes on its back.
She is saying it is a Bronze- Red, not a Red Bronze.

I understand the confusion because so many people refer to Red Bourbons rather than the Bourbon Red that they are.

Bronze- Red does show as a possibility. Never had that one come up before. In this case that is more a description rather than the name of the variety. It is very likely since the Bronze- Red does have 2 red genes.

She is saying it is a Bronze- Red, not a Red Bronze.

I understand the confusion because so many people refer to Red Bourbons rather than the Bourbon Red that they are.
Yeah 🤷‍♀️ It seems that Kevin named the color based on appearance since it hasn't been described before.
A any rate, I imagine it will turn out to be bourbon red adjacent.

Back
Top Bottom