What do you do besides chicken rearing?

Seems like nurses, rn's etc... those in the medical field included - make the most prolific chicken farmers!

(I must admit, I'm in finance, but the company I work for makes medical equipment!
lol.png
)

hmm... Well! I'm a full time college student (Yeah, I know.. I'm really early! haha... but the sooner, the better!). I work at a Vet's office a few days a week (wow, 6 years next month!). I help my Mom with "motherly" chores around the house.. such as; cleaning, dishes, ironing, laundry, making dinner, etc. and I help my Dad with "fatherly" chores... such as; mowing, weed w-ing, building random things (that's my fav! haha), helping out at his business whenever I can, etc. I also am a full time big sister and middle child. It's a lot of work being an older sister! I love my sister and wouldn't trade her for the world!! Not even for chickens! haha... It can be hard... but it's all worth it in the end! She LOVES wearing my clothes! haha... and she follows me around with my friends... and I love it!! ^.^ thank goodness she's an amazing sister and isn't pesty... ::wipes brow::.... hehe.... she's great!! and goodness!! I haven't even talked about my brother yet!! He's ALMOST as cool as my sister!! I rate them about the same... because they are both just fantabulous!! ^.^ My Brother is always looking after me and being the best gentlemen he can... he's just great. And my Parents are just amazing too... what's awesome is my Mom is (IMO), totally the most amazing Mom ever... haha.... and I'm sure to other kids their Mom is the best! hehe... but, I love her and I couldn't have survived this long without her!!
big_smile.png
My Dad has also taught me so much about fixing things, building things, taking care of your property... he's just amazing too... MY GOSH! I'm so blessed, it's insane.... haha.....

ANYWHO!! This was suppose to be about what I do... hahaha... but I'll stop here.
smile.png
hehe...

~Lacey

Well im another one of those medical ppl
big_smile.png
Rx here in a local hospital and retail pharmacy! Also a mommy to one 3yr old chicken farmer named Jay Jay! And wife to a Lawn care Junkie! Sword Scapes (shameless plug
big_smile.png
)

I'm a medical lab technician. I worked at a hospital for 15 years. The last 10 years I've run a lab in a cancer treatment center.

I love comming home to my chickens they help me get grounded.

Marsha

It would be easier to ask me what I don't do. My husband works very long hours so pretty much anything that needs to be done is in my court. This last week I hauled and spread 12 cubic yards of mulch. This week I am trying to get the koi pond in shape for the long hot summer ahead. This is the forst time I haven't held a formal job since I was 16 yrs old. Sometimes think going to a job would lighten the load. LOL

Im a stay at home mom to 7 children (so far, you never know what God has planned) We also home educate, so I am teaching 9th, 5th, and !st grades. We also have 2 dogs, 25 chickens, 6 guineas, and I am hoping to add to this list with other farms animals. Some ducks and perhaps a beef cow or two somewhere down the line. I am also thinking about peafowl.

Well, I'm an office manager for my DH, we have our own business - He's a CPA/CFP. I'm also a certified hypnotherapist as is my hubby. My hobbies are making stained glass, ghost hunting, and lately taking care of the chooks!

I am blessed to be living my dream, albeit a bit later in life than I would have liked. I retired in 2000 from the Sate of Nevada as a Budget Analyst. I spent 40 years in some sort of Accounting type job. I was able to retire at age 58 so I still have enough life in me left to raise my chickens, grow veggies and flowers and live in a place that is large enough not be be aggrivated by neighbors barking dogs or even my own for that matter.

I have always longed for a place in the country so when my youngest of two boys announced he was going to move his family from Nevada to Somewhere in the southeast, I said, "take me too" We ended up in Alabama and DH and I have a lovely 4 acre place. I have 5 different breeds of chickens most of which I learned about on BYC and two wonderful dogs. I have my son and two grandkids here while the other boy lives in Hawaaii.

Life is good!

I'm currently a mom to my 2 autistic children, homeschooling them, and keeping them on the gluten and casein free diet. Proud to say, they are recovering and tested on age levels in most areas!!!!!!

I am also an equine and fantasy sculpturess.

We made a move last year to the Ozarks, and it almost killed me... but I'm reviving and coming back finally! I'm so happy to be sculpting again! YEAH!!!

We have 2 American Paint horses, 1 HUGE black cat, 1 red bone hound dog, 34 chickens, and 4 ducks.

Looking for goats next!

Cricket

Back
Top Bottom