What does 40-60 Pied and 10-90 Pied mean?

BS always confuses me, literally.
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

Me too..... and there is just so much of it around, I am confused all the time!

general terms to describe white patterns and color

Dark Pied: only a few feathers scattered throughout the plumage are white the can appear anywhere on the body
Loud Pied: 30-50% of the bird has white feathers
Reverse Pied: a bird has more white than normal coloration
Silver Pied: a bird has 80+ percent white coverage and also displays the white eye gene
White: bird is completely white with no other color present in the plumage, if any are present it falls under the name silver pied.
Split White: a bird has normal coloration with two or so white feathers on the wings, this is different than dark pied because the feathers are only on the wings and are symmetrical in their placement.
White Eye: the train feathers on the male have white centers and the hens have white feathers scattered where the train would grow on them.
Split White Eye: there are a few train feathers with white centers but it does not cover the whole train. Females have a few scattered white feathers where the train would be.

Hope this helps.
Okay, so this one has asymmetrical white:

Is it dark pied or split to white?

-Kathy

Okay, so here is one that has more white than most:

Lice at eyes
@KsKingBee

Is she split white or dark pied?

-Kathy

Last edited:
general terms to describe white patterns and color

Dark Pied: only a few feathers scattered throughout the plumage are white the can appear anywhere on the body
Loud Pied: 30-50% of the bird has white feathers
Reverse Pied: a bird has more white than normal coloration
Silver Pied: a bird has 80+ percent white coverage and also displays the white eye gene
White: bird is completely white with no other color present in the plumage, if any are present it falls under the name silver pied.
Split White: a bird has normal coloration with two or so white feathers on the wings, this is different than dark pied because the feathers are only on the wings and are symmetrical in their placement.
White Eye: the train feathers on the male have white centers and the hens have white feathers scattered where the train would grow on them.
Split White Eye: there are a few train feathers with white centers but it does not cover the whole train. Females have a few scattered white feathers where the train would be.

Hope this helps.
Always forget Dark silver pied ....why ?

Those one with "the corner "of the wing white ... for me they have ascendants silver pied !

.... a vote ... is requested!

A peacock is always qualified by 2 things ..the color and one or more pattern!

Here is the picture of a beautiful Bronze peacock .... pattern White !

......this bird is perfect !!!

If pied is a pattern white is a pattern ... too ! because white is a full pied where the color has disappeared!

Your votes!
lau.gif

She looks to be a dark pied.
She looks very much like one I know is a dark pied, but I am confused as to how I produced her. Original male is IB and does not have a single white feather. Other two hens have white flights, and one of those has a small white throat patch. Those peas produced the parents of the one in question, but only two have ever looked like this.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom