What is this?

Chickem707

Songster
Jul 11, 2018
I’ve asked this before, but it really does puzzle me what my little chick is. I was told she could come from parents of welsummer, marans or brahma breeds. I’m pretty sure she’s part silkie, but anyone have any idea what else?
668A12A8-8932-4DDF-B201-BE6CE7268366.jpeg
3B810739-384C-4B56-BBDD-E8298BDABB7E.jpeg
AAFFC951-E8FF-4335-889E-53F3F74071A2.jpeg

Coloring would indicate Welsummer cross to, yes... Silkie. :)

Not Marans. Do you now which color Brahma was the possibility? :pop

Did you already treat her for parasite? Sorry for asking, if you already told me. :oops:
I wasn’t told, I thought possibly golden partridge.
And I haven’t treated for parasites yet.

Judging by the second photo, the beak is over grown. Looks like it was caged for long periods of time. Un caged birds naturally trim their beaks by digging and dragging them in sand and such.

As far as the breed, a barnyard mix silkie maybe.
Yeah, she’s unable to walk currently, i was looking for ways to trim it down before it obstructs her eating.

And I haven’t treated for parasites yet.
If this the bird that's also paralyzed... the parasite activity indicated by feather condition WILL have heavy impact on recovery... could even be vitamin deficit from the parasite and POSSIBLY not Marek's.

Please treat her right away... even if you don't see what I am talking about.
the beak is over grown
Nice catching details... she is probably much older than I realized.

If this the bird that's also paralyzed... the parasite activity indicated by feather condition WILL have heavy impact on recovery... could even be vitamin deficit from the parasite and POSSIBLY not Marek's.

Please treat her right away... even if you don't see what I am talking about.

Nice catching details... she is probably much older than I realized.
She’s 2 months, please tell me how i can treat her in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom