What is this?

Im going to ask one more question. So my aunt has Denvers brother. Denvers fur is alot longer than his. Her brother looks like a lab. Could they have lab mixed with them. Im thinking about doing a breed and genetic test to see but im dont know which test to do.

Im going to ask one more question. So my aunt has Denvers brother. Denvers fur is alot longer than his. Her brother looks like a lab. Could they have lab mixed with them. Im thinking about doing a breed and genetic test to see but im dont know which test to do.
They could, considering where you got her. Do you have pictures of Denver, and of her brother?

You can give the dog benadryl to see if it is an allergic reaction. My bulldog used to get hives when he was stressed and if benadryl didn't work we would get prednisone from the vet. Call your vet for benadryl dose but it is safe for dogs and something you can do in the meantime to help narrow it down

This is kinda what her brother looks like. Its not actually him. I can get a pic of her in a little bit
20220603_130859.jpg

Here is an article about Goldens and hair length.
https://allgoldenretriever.com/do-all-golden-retrievers-have-long-hair/
It is possible, but rare for a Golden to have short hair as they are not officially recognized by the AKC. He could also just be slow to grow out his coat.

Were you able to get a vet appointment? I agree, the spot looks like it could be the beginning of a hot spot. Hopefully, this is a one time reaction to a bug bite or something🤞

Here is an article about Goldens and hair length.
https://allgoldenretriever.com/do-all-golden-retrievers-have-long-hair/
It is possible, but rare for a Golden to have short hair as they are not officially recognized by the AKC. He could also just be slow to grow out his coat.

Were you able to get a vet appointment? I agree, the spot looks like it could be the beginning of a hot spot. Hopefully, this is a one time reaction to a bug bite or something🤞
No we were told to send the vet a email. They were booked out. Hopefully they get back to use. Now there is a brownish blackish spot on it.

No we were told to send the vet a email. They were booked out. Hopefully they get back to use. Now there is a brownish blackish spot on it.
Hopefully that means that they aren't too concerned about it. I would keep taking pictures to show the vet. You might also want to clip the hair around it so you can more easily see it and give it air if it is a hot spot.
I'm not sure about the darker spot. It maybe where she scratched it.

Back
Top Bottom