What is your favorite breed of dog? & why?

i think my favorite breed is a pittie but i also love the mutts as well.

holm25 duluth is a cutie is she full lab?

i like the shepherds too my dad had two while i was growing up as police dogs. they were pretty great dogs and smart.

here is one of mine he is a lab mix hes only 5 1/2 months

I should have stated more clearly that we were IN Duluth. Her name is Wimpy lol.. Nope she is half Lab half Pitbull

Shephards are great dogs, can't imagine how obedient Ry were being ex police.
big_smile.png

im not sure if this comment was towards me or not, but the police dogs lived with us when my dad came home from work. he only had one at a time though. they were good dogs and protective. once the last one was retired he got a bloodhound, but once we moved my dad gave him to another police officer to use. but this was years ago when i was a little kid.

My favorite breed is a Dutch Shepherd. They are beautiful, loyal, protective, and incredibly goofy! I have a year and a half old one named Apache. He has been the greatest challenge in my life due to his extremely high energy and drive, but he is amazing and wouldn't give him up for the world!! He is always on the go and keeps me on my toes. He loves anything active (agility, running, and hiking are his favorites) I swear, he never gets tired. We have been beginning to do some search and rescue training and tracking work, and are interested in seeing where that takes us!

One, pretty cool story is i was waiting outside a dollar store near our house (we live in a rough sort of area) and i had brought apache for the walk, and my sister went in for some stuff. A drunk guy comes walking up the side walk, swinging his arms and talking and waving a bottle around. Apache instantly goes on alert and just stares at him as he comes closer. I have him go into a sit, a put my hand on the handle of his harness to ensure he doesn't do anything. Its a good thing i did. As the guy passes us, he swings his hand and it passes inches from my head. Apache leaps up and lunges for the guy...i was the only thing keeping him from getting to him. I have never trained apache to any sort of protection work...this was just natural instinct. Normally when he sees a person, his tail wags a mile a minute and he tries to go and meet them...he is usually very friendly. But with certain people, he just knows stuff and knows they aren't friends. Ahh, i love him so much.
love.gif

Here are some pictures :)

My favorite breed is a Dutch Shepherd. They are beautiful, loyal, protective, and incredibly goofy! I have a year and a half old one named Apache. He has been the greatest challenge in my life due to his extremely high energy and drive, but he is amazing and wouldn't give him up for the world!! He is always on the go and keeps me on my toes. He loves anything active (agility, running, and hiking are his favorites) I swear, he never gets tired. We have been beginning to do some search and rescue training and tracking work, and are interested in seeing where that takes us! One, pretty cool story is i was waiting outside a dollar store near our house (we live in a rough sort of area) and i had brought apache for the walk, and my sister went in for some stuff. A drunk guy comes walking up the side walk, swinging his arms and talking and waving a bottle around. Apache instantly goes on alert and just stares at him as he comes closer. I have him go into a sit, a put my hand on the handle of his harness to ensure he doesn't do anything. Its a good thing i did. As the guy passes us, he swings his hand and it passes inches from my head. Apache leaps up and lunges for the guy...i was the only thing keeping him from getting to him. I have never trained apache to any sort of protection work...this was just natural instinct. Normally when he sees a person, his tail wags a mile a minute and he tries to go and meet them...he is usually very friendly. But with certain people, he just knows stuff and knows they aren't friends. Ahh, i love him so much. :love Here are some pictures :)
I see your in C.A.P. . I'm a naval sea cadet.

Back
Top Bottom