What is your favorite breed of dog? & why?

Pics
Many years ago I knew someone that raised show Mastiffs - he sent me a photo once of 4 sofas filled with his full grown Mastiffs and he was hanging on for dear life to a few inches by the arm rest. They must have been industrial strength sofas. Every dog had their eyes on HIM. How neat!!

This is my "niece" Lucy, my brother's German third GSD, whom I love to pieces.

She's smart, obedient, and a sweet hugger.

Many years ago I knew someone that raised  show Mastiffs  - he sent me a photo once of  4 sofas  filled with his full grown Mastiffs and he was hanging on for dear life to a few inches by the arm rest.  They must have been industrial strength sofas.   Every dog had their eyes on HIM.   How neat!!
My two have their own couch . Plus they sleep in bed with us . You wouldn't believe the small ball they curl up in .

I like dogs - almost all dogs, and have lived with many. My favorite individual was a GSD who took a serious part of my heart with him when he died. He was more intelligent than most of the people I have known, and loved me far more than most. I will never own another. Additional dogs who have lived in our home were a miniature poodle, GSD/Husky cross, and 3 golden retrievers - we are on number three right now. She is 8 years old and will probably be our last inside dog.
old.gif
In addition to these dogs I have owned/own many beagles with which I compete at field trials. Just as I consider leghorns to be the most attractive of all poultry, I consider the hound breeds to be the eye candy of the canine world.

Thank you Sour, I never realized you ever had breeds other than Beagles. As far as housedogs go, I understand too well.

When I was down to my four oldest, it seemed stupid to keep just 4 in a kennel, so they were allowed full house privileges. I kept their dog runs(with swinging doors) open and they would run down the few stairs to the basement, up a few to the garage(kennel) and out the doors that had been for their pen- to go potty.

It was funny, they could be with you one minute and the next minute disappear. A bit later you would hear them coming up the stairs to the kitchen. Our stubborn "chow hound," would hang on till the last edible morsel was consumed and then make a last mad dash to the potty area. Her mom didn't have as much body control and sometimes she would leave "pebbles" on the stairs but still make it outside to the run to pee. Didn't have the heart to say anything. We knew she did her best.

It was during this time period that I realized how badly I messed up by keeping them as kennel dogs for most of their life. They just blossomed as house dogs and we enjoyed them so much more. I was in my early twenties when I had the kennel and it just seemed that was what you did with a number of show dogs. I had never questioned that . My parents also DID not want them in the house. But with just the four and letting them in the house, my father got the garage back, Worked out for us.

About two weeks ago Dani, our 8 year old golden, had a hot spot. First that she has ever had. I checked her all over, but could not find any parasites. Last night she was itching excessively, but again I couldn't see anything. Itching continued today, and
he.gif
I found 1 flea. Went to TSC and got some spray. Treated her, and she seems more comfortable. One flea ? She is more of a 'princess' than the Princess.
hmm.png

Sour if that was a pregnant flea you may have alot ,more to deal with down the road. I think it was planted there by one of the pugs. You know kind of a host/hostess gift.

Back
Top Bottom