What is your latest prepping project?

Pics
Talking with a friend who, like myself, is considered eccentric at best or a "kook" for preparing for possible emergency situations and encouraging others to do so. Anyway, his current project is a dual aquaculture endeavor raising lettuce and tilapia. His approach is to re-purpose spas since the plumbing and pump systems are already in place. In our greater urban area, you can actually find folks willing to pay you to haul away an old spa.

Talking with a friend who, like myself, is considered eccentric at best or a "kook" for preparing for possible emergency situations and encouraging others to do so. Anyway, his current project is a dual aquaculture endeavor raising lettuce and tilapia. His approach is to re-purpose spas since the plumbing and pump systems are already in place. In our greater urban area, you can actually find folks willing to pay you to haul away an old spa.

Awesome!

Still working on finishing up the chicken coop project. 2 sides are waiting for siding and today we were working on the second run. All 6 panels assembled and 1/3 of the run roof is done. Going tomorrow for more materials.
Our next project will be a 12x20 goat shed. Our contractor is going to build it but i am going to put up the partitions etc. Inside and we have a lot of fencing to do . We have been working on clearing the land for the building site. 20170929_191156.jpg

Last edited:
well its raining today, but was going to go out and prep my traps for this upcoming season (really just some coon traps and a few coyote traps) only have like 10 traps, but got to boil them and get them prepped for the fur season this year. (this is my first year trapping).

still raining so no prepping traps :(

so decided to work on a survival pack (or just a outdoor backpack to have around) more for when i go hunting/fishing/trapping, but ever in case end of the world i guess in may help.

right now, have a few knives in it, a sling shot with some steel balls (like 20 or so got to go out and buy a bag of them) some gloves, hand warmers, a flashlight, a multi tool. and that is about it, need to work on it.
now does anybody have some other ideas of items to put in there survival pack/bag?

A pair of pliers/nippers if not on your leatherman. A few bandaids, some antibiotic ointment. Water, a granola bar or candy bar. Fish hook, fish line, some strong cord/light wt. rope.
And a tarp for a makeshift tent. Plus a change of clothes and possibly a can opener and a fork and spoon. Dehydrated food or MREs. How much weight are you planning on?

A pair of pliers/nippers if not on your leatherman. A few bandaids, some antibiotic ointment. Water, a granola bar or candy bar. Fish hook, fish line, some strong cord/light wt. rope.
thank you, will have to get some of those supplies (mostly the medical stuff) but never thought of fishing hooks and line. :)
Firestarters, beef jerky, nuts and dried fruit, warm socks, emergency blanket, dry bag of tinder. Water bottles, small pot. Fishing line and hooks, hatchet. Bear spray, hand gun and bullets. Oh and medical supplies and medications you take regularly.
all good ideas, but i live in Canada so no handguns for me (well you can have them but only allowed to have them out at a licence range) so will have to stick to a long gun (once i get my fire arms licence)
And a tarp for a makeshift tent. Plus a change of clothes and possibly a can opener and a fork and spoon. Dehydrated food or MREs. How much weight are you planning on?
not sure was hoping to have light weight as my goal is to carry this bag when am hunting,fishing and trapping. so the lighter the better :)

Back
Top Bottom