What is your latest prepping project?

Pics
IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0090.JPG IMG_0091.JPG Have y'all seen the aquaponics set ups using the giant water totes in the metal frames? I really want to try that.

View attachment 1124991 View attachment 1124992 View attachment 1124993 Have y'all seen the aquaponics set ups using the giant water totes in the metal frames? I really want to try that.
me too i was really tempted this last spring (2017) to try these IBC tote aquaponics. the main issue for me was the fact that am only limited to cold water fish species. (i live in Saskatchewan the only fish we can culture is non native trout so every trout besides splake and lake trout and salmon/arctic char) meaning i can only grow cold weather crops such as lettuce and other leafy greens. unless you get a permit which pretty much means writing an essay on a scientific level, for any thing else which will not survive our winters.

well turns out that tilapia where just approved in my province, (the red Nile one) and now am going to try and get my permit to raise them. i think right now am going for a pure aquaculture system and to provide fresh fish for me and my family. again only if i can get my permit.

well turns out that tilapia where just approved in my province, (the red Nile one) and now am going to try and get my permit to raise them. i think right now am going for a pure aquaculture system and to provide fresh fish for me and my family. again only if i can get my permit.

How cold does it get where you are?

Will your system be inside? There's no way you will keep it warm enough for Tilapia with temps like that if it's outside.
where i live we have no option to house it outdoors, tilapia must be raised indoors here. so am hoping my parents let me put this system in the house or else i have my grandparents shop i could always use.

Back
Top Bottom