What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Wrong rabbit, lol.
How's he doing now?

I tried feeding him again tonight and he was very aggressive with trying to get milk from mama - managed to fill his belly a little so I'm hoping he's back to normal tomorrow morning.
fl.gif

Good Lord. I wonder how many kits don't survive in the wild. It truly is survival of the fittest. You done good.
hugs.gif
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I've learned a lot.

Good Lord. I wonder how many kits don't survive in the wild. It truly is survival of the fittest. You done good.
hugs.gif

I obviously need to house my pregnant does better when it comes time to them having a litter. I've always raised my rabbits outside - pregnant does included. This year has been crazy with the kits jumping out of the box - and it's not even abnormal nest box. It's an actual rabbit nest box that I bought specifically for rabbits kindling litters. Just so weird that this has happened more than once now. I guess I just can't get over the fact that they manage to squeeze themselves in between those bars/spaces of the cage.

For some reason the picture I posted didn't show up. It was a bunny with a helmet on and a ninja sword. I will be breeding for the first time this weekend. All my fingers and toes are crossed.

hugs.gif
You have to remember - the wild does dig burrows; the babies are born underground. The shape of the burrow makes it pretty hard for the kits to get away from the nest before they are old enough to be on their own. But it's true, most wild rabbits don't live long enough to reproduce.

Good Lord.  I wonder how many kits don't survive in the wild.  It truly is survival of the fittest.  You done good. :hugs  Thank you for sharing your experience with us.  I've learned a lot.  

I obviously need to house my pregnant does better when it comes time to them having a litter. I've always raised my rabbits outside - pregnant does included. This year has been crazy with the kits jumping out of the box - and it's not even abnormal nest box. It's an actual rabbit nest box that I bought specifically for rabbits kindling litters. Just so weird that this has happened more than once now. I guess I just can't get over the fact that they manage to squeeze themselves in between those bars/spaces of the cage.

When my kits begin to jump out of the box about 2 weeks old I just take the box and turn it on its side for about another week before I take it out all together.

My bunnies are 8 weeks old today. A couple are going to new hones Sunday. It supposed to go below freezing over night for a few days. Will that young of a rabbit be okay or do I need to advise the new owners to keep them in for a bit? If so how long? They are Netherland Dwarfs.

Last edited:
Our latest litter of NDs, by our deceased buck 'Fern', and out of our junior doe, 'Bubblegum'. I can't decide if I was more excited or disappointed to see the VM in the nest (our goal is to breed for the show table, though we aren't quite there yet. All but one of ours have gone to pet homes so far) XD

Black Otter buck. The chilled one of the litter :p
And the Vienna Mark Self Black Doe. Such a curious lil thing, just about made photos impossible!

And an excellent first time mum, Bubblegum. She doesn't look to flash in the pic, all our rabbits are malting at the moment
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom