What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
[/IMG]

The little holland lop is Luka!! He is only a few months old! Then the otter is a mini Rex named Roxy and then wookie is the grey one she is a lionhead lop mix

he is eating a tiny bit. i have not added anymore hay and i took his pellets out last night. he did poop & pee again and drank about 1-2 oz of molasses water. i am keeping it simple w/him. he seems to be alert and ok. i have him some pieces of brown paperbag but he just pushed them out of where he lays; i thought maybe he would want to make a nest? are does the only ones that make a nest?
thanks
That's good! Make sure he has hay that hasn't been stepped on and trampled, I have some picky bunnies that trample a pile of hay and then won't eat it.

Does are the only ones that nest, and in the wild they do most of the the burrowing as well. Bucks spend most of their days above ground and take shelter in dens built by other animals or their own colony of rabbits (as wild rabbits live communally). He shouldn't have a strong need to burrow, but if he has a box or other sheltered space to hide in that might help him to feel safe. Is he eating the hay? Have you weighed him again since? Try to keep your feeding, watering and weighing on a strict schedule so you can gauge his weight accurately.

Hi yesterday (Monday) he was acting agressive (IMO) to my hand coming over his head, so i used a 1"x2" little stick to pet him with. Monday morning i decided to take his piece of plywood out of his nest box and the utilited his whole cage area much more. Monday night when i went out to feed my rabbits this buck greeted me at his cage door was receptive to my pets/massaging, and the best part, he had eaten all his grass hay, drank about 5oz of water. he was hungry, so i gave him more grass hay and 1 carrot top and it was all gone this morning. he is pooping & peeing in a corner that i had a pan w/cat litter, but he had moved the pan to the opposite corner of his cage, so i took it out, he obviously doesnt like it. he is likes to be pet and is not acting agressive anymore. i am not sure what was wrong w/him but there is a big difference in his attitude, eating and drinking for the better.
thank you for your help and tips.
How are your bunnes doing?

ETA:
P.S. i did not weigh him since Aug 19th. I will do it tonight or tomorrow morning at let you know.

Last edited:
Hi yesterday (Monday) he was acting agressive (IMO) to my hand coming over his head, so i used a 1"x2" little stick to pet him with. Monday morning i decided to take his piece of plywood out of his nest box and the utilited his whole cage area much more. Monday night when i went out to feed my rabbits this buck greeted me at his cage door was receptive to my pets/massaging, and the best part, he had eaten all his grass hay, drank about 5oz of water. he was hungry, so i gave him more grass hay and 1 carrot top and it was all gone this morning. he is pooping & peeing in a corner that i had a pan w/cat litter, but he had moved the pan to the opposite corner of his cage, so i took it out, he obviously doesnt like it. he is likes to be pet and is not acting agressive anymore. i am not sure what was wrong w/him but there is a big difference in his attitude, eating and drinking for the better.

ETA:
P.S. i did not weigh him since Aug 19th. I will do it tonight or tomorrow morning at let you know.
That's great CyndiD! He sounds spunky. I have a Tan that pulls his metal dish off of the cage wall that it's hooked on

ETA:
For litter boxes I always put some droppings in the new litter box so then they think that's were they've been going and it's worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom