What treat did your chickies get today?

Today they got organic raisin bread and leftover veggie soup. Mine also needed their auto feeder filled up since its a 5 gallon bucket I use a wagon to pull it up the hill once filled. When i open the gate they swarm me and the wagon. i generally pull about 10 up the hill on the wagon and the other 10 running along side it LOL. The auto waterer is the same way.

Today they got organic raisin bread and leftover veggie soup. Mine also needed their auto feeder filled up since its a 5 gallon bucket I use a wagon to pull it up the hill once filled. When i open the gate they swarm me and the wagon. i generally pull about 10 up the hill on the wagon and the other 10 running along side it LOL. The auto waterer is the same way.

Tee hee, I love the mental picture that conjures up .. they just want to help lighten the load
wink.png

I have noticed that my group have distinct differences in taste. My big girls love fruit, tomatoes, and anything sweet. My younger ones prefer tart foods. And nobody really likes grape nuts. Oatmeal is everyone's favorite so I usually mix in raisins and a veggie. Big girls eat first and then while I am feeding little ones my son's favorite hen uses my shoe to clean her beak....
Ha! All of mine come up and wipe their beaks on my boots and a couple have found my pants leg works quite well too. Today they got cucumber and apple.

My chickens ate a head of loose leaf lettuce and are working on a head of Napa cabbage. They love greens. Can they get too much? I am so new to this that I am afraid I will harm them with my enrichment efforts.

Mac,hamburg,with stewed tomatoes. ...but I didn't know there was chili peppers chopped in there.....don't think it was a hit with the hot stuf

Back
Top Bottom