What treat did your chickies get today?

my girls and roo are getting strawberry stems and left over mushy berries since they are in season here in Canada. they really enjoy them.....and listening to the rooster calling the girls asap when it hits the ground....lol
ep.gif
they really are silly chickens!

Last week I started treats with my 2 month old pullets. Last week I gave them a few tomatoes from my garden that had gotten split, they didn't seem too interested. They picked the juicy seed part out and left the rest. This week I'm introducing corn on the cob (what's left of the cobs after we ate them for dinner). Today they got a tomato which has been untouched yet again and 2 left over cobs. It took a couple hours for them to learn the cobs were something good but they've been pecking at them most of the day.

My chickens used to love mealworms. At about 10 weeks, they started ignoring mealworms completely. I thought this treat would never go out of favor. Now they like watermelon, blueberries (they swallow it whole!), and strawberries. They didn't care for bread either.

Back
Top Bottom