What treat did your chickies get today?

I am new to all of this, just about have the coop done a few more hinges, now I have been reading on here and you all act like your chickens are HOGS, are you telling me that it is good for them to eat anything? Also we are putting our coop in our fenced pool area (above ground) so the can roam around all day and eat....well...whatever it is they eat. LOL Suddenly I am wondering are they going to get into my pool like ducks would??

Piphens7: I'm in the middle part of Michigan (near Flint if you'd like to look at the map). We get temps anywhere from the 32F which is your 0 to our zero. I'm not sure what that translates to in Celcius, but it's pretty cold! Fortunately, it usually doesn't stay there for long. We will get rain, but I prefer snow, which we usually have from around Christmas to sometime in March. Most winters we get a thaw or two and some rain, but I like it white much better than damp, dreary and gray with a side of dead grass. Do you get snow?
Oh, and today's treats? Leftover veggie scraps, peels and crushed eggshell. Yum!

Back
Top Bottom