What treat did your chickies get today?

? fridge clean out day. any of these ok? sour cream, guacamole dip, spinach dip, pineapple or kfc.

You might check on the onions, I didn't think that any of my livestock can have raw onion, or garlic.
Anyone else on this? Would love to know if my info is wrong!

Okay, I looked over past threads about onions.... The thing that I found mentioned the most is that too many may change the flavor of your eggs-- not in a good way! But one post actually mentioned garlic and onions as a good preventative against worms... Also found one that mentioned that although onions are poisonous to dogs, sheep, cattle and other livestock they aren't poisonous to chickens. It is amazing what info is on this website when you type something in "search"....

warm plain old-fashioned oatmeal, sunflower, safflower sunflower hearts and a couple smashed acorns. Are acorns even good for chickens? My two goats are eating them, too.

Okay, I looked over past threads about onions.... The thing that I found mentioned the most is that too many may change the flavor of your eggs-- not in a good way! But one post actually mentioned garlic and onions as a good preventative against worms... Also found one that mentioned that although onions are poisonous to dogs, sheep, cattle and other livestock they aren't poisonous to chickens. It is amazing what info is on this website when you type something in "search"....

Thanks for doing the search for me. I raise all kinds of livestock, and make my own dog food. No one gets onions. Now I know the chicks can have them. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom