What treat did your chickies get today?

Put a bird seed block that my wife picked up this week. Snow finally started melting yesterday so they were out a little bit yesterday and are out in the run again today. Figured they needed a reward for finally coming out of their coop. They have been big babies and not come out of their coop for nearly two weeks because of the snow. So, I hung one of these in the run. They eyeballed it with great suspicion at first. Finally one of them pecked at it and backed up a few steps. Then she pecked it again and noticed the seeds falling off. She grabbed a seed and backed off. Then it hit her that it was good stuff. Two were watching her the whole time and the other two were scratching in the leaves in ignorant bliss. Finally, they all realized that it was good stuff. Hopefully it will last the day so the wife can see it in use when she gets home this evening.
lol.png

Chilly outside this morning. Mixed up some hot oatmeal, mixed in fruit cocktail, pasta salad, and blended up old baby spinach with some milk. It looked like a lumpy shamrock shake... I got splattered........

Back
Top Bottom