What treat did your chickies get today?

cleaned out the coop today and then treated them with a few lettuce leaves and some raisins. Washed their mirror off...set it out to air dry. Will put it back tomorrow. I've been "talking" to my dh about using parts of the kids backyard playground as another chicken coop. Today we were taking off some bush cuttings to the treeline so I stopped at the playground on the way back up to the house......told him I wanted to get his "thoughts and advice on the "possibilities" of a coop and how he would do it. (LOL) Got to go about this from that direction with him. He is not a chicken person! I've been talking about this for a while ..trying to get him used to the idea. He is not the type to pick up a hammer or saw. (I do that and always have!) Well, "we" decided which part would be good to use and how to go about it. But then I found out that he was (for some reason) thinking that this would not be an additional coop but an "instead of" coop!!!! LOLOL And I thought I was the one who caught on more slowly!!! Actually, he is very smart....just not about things he doesn't want to really "see" or acknowledge. As I said, he is not a "chicken" person. But at least he will now know what I'm doing when I'm driving in with a couple of 4x4's and some plywood. I'm going to disassemble the ramp at the other end and use those in the structure. So, you all say a little prayer as I start to build a second small coop.

Left over chicken veg. soup liquid drained out, left over rice and some green pepper cores, scratch and bread.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom