What treat did your chickies get today?

Yogurt, scratch grains and probably a slice (betwee the 6) of whole wheat bread.
My friend told me that her chickens loved yogurt and sure enough they do but accidentally bought flavored instead of plain so hope they don't get sick from the flavoring and sugar.

Watch feeding goat feed to poultry, goat feed has added copper that poultry don't need.
Alright. I had to get rid of my goats, so I'm stuck with half a big garbage can full of the stuff. Nobody wanted me to send the can with the goats. Figured the chickens would eat it.

Alright. I had to get rid of my goats, so I'm stuck with half a big garbage can full of the stuff. Nobody wanted me to send the can with the goats. Figured the chickens would eat it.
I would use the goat feed a little at a time and mix it with; scratch, chicken pellots or crumble, oatmeat and just about anything else like shredded greens and bake them into little chicken muffins.... My can't eat them fast enough.... Nor can I get out of the way fast enough!

All the cantaloupe yummies from breakfast, leftovers and end pieces of steamed corn on the cob, white button mushroom stems, squash pieces and steak fat cut off from dinner. Maybe I will get an egg from one of the new girls soon!!

Back
Top Bottom