What treat did your chickies get today?

Our chickens love blackberries. They eat a quart per day. We're new chicken tenders. Anyone know of a reason to limit the amount or stop giving them the berries?

We had an old apple tree stump that we'd been waiting for the bugs to demolish enough to remove. Yesterday was the day and man oh man was it full of these big, fat, wood grub looking things! We collected a giant bowl full and scattered them on the driveway for the chickie bauk bauks. The way our two older girls dove right in motivated the young ones to start in and there was a feeding frenzy going on before we knew it! When they'd demolished the bugs, they stood around looking at us like ''MORE! MORE? MORE!'' Wood grubs appear to be a form of chicken crack, lol. Who knew?

scrambled eggs for the hens for breakfast. it is one of the only treats i can get them to eat out of my hand
lol.png

Today the bantam roo earned an all expenses paid trip to Freezer Camp but it all starts with a side trip to the Quarantine Coop!!!
wee.gif
He made me bleed this time, so...I guess I don't need a rooster for a while. Too bad, I loved that little guy.

Later, the girls will enjoy a big ole watermelon, the last one for the summer.

Today the bantam roo earned an all expenses paid trip to Freezer Camp but it all starts with a side trip to the Quarantine Coop!!!
wee.gif
He made me bleed this time, so...I guess I don't need a rooster for a while. Too bad, I loved that little guy.

Later, the girls will enjoy a big ole watermelon, the last one for the summer.

Sorry about your roo.

Sigh, Wish i lived somewhere with a long growing season. My chickens enjoyed the very first watermelon of the summer. And no they didn't get the meddle i did. Had the first light frost of the season last night so had to pick the watermelon so it is nearly the last watermelon too.

Sorry about your roo.

Sigh, Wish i lived somewhere with a long growing season. My chickens enjoyed the very first watermelon of the summer. And no they didn't get the meddle i did. Had the first light frost of the season last night so had to pick the watermelon so it is nearly the last watermelon too.
Well, that IS a quick season.

Back
Top Bottom