What treat did your chickies get today?

Do they eat meat? Really?
ep.gif

Also, I thought bread had to be soaked before you gave it to them? Would be so much better if you didn't have too...??

chickens will definitely eat meat and will kill each other if they get hungry enough... which is why their beaks get clipped in commercial farms.... to stop cannabalism.

I have never soaked any bread I have given my chickens... I just break it up small before I toss it into them. Hasn't been a problem that I am aware of.

Cooked rolled oats….I never liked Quaker Oats, and decided to find out why my girls love these cooked rolled oats. So had to taste before taking them out today…OMG they are good.
big_smile.png

One of my BR likes them best, she jumped/flapped wings 3 feet high to try and get to the plate first.

The next few days worth of treats for the chickens, of course they have to share with the goats, llamas, guinea pig, peafowl and guinea fowl...

Carrots, parsnips, lots of pre-cut mixed greens, cucumbers, corn, broccoli, a coconut, tomatoes, red peppers, yellow peppers, a few citrus fruits, organic baby kale (not pictured), 5lb bean sprouts (not pictured) and a boat load of spinach and apples...

The next few days worth of treats for the chickens, of course they have to share with the goats, llamas, guinea pig, peafowl and guinea fowl...

Carrots, parsnips, lots of pre-cut mixed greens, cucumbers, corn, broccoli, a coconut, tomatoes, red peppers, yellow peppers, a few citrus fruits, organic baby kale (not pictured), 5lb bean sprouts (not pictured) and a boat load of spinach and apples...

Thought we were the only ones who shop or harvest first run stuff for our girls…rather than just left overs.

Be careful on the citrus, they are on the no no lists.

Skinned sea duck carcass. Specifically Surf Scoter. They loved it! I'm thinking that given the quality diet of the sea duck (salt water mollusks, crustaceans, and a few aquatic grasses) small servings of their flesh will prove to be a be a great source of trace elements and protein for my flock.

Back
Top Bottom