What treat did your chickies get today?

I had some chickens who were like that when they were adolescents. How old are yours? Can also try dipping their beak in the food. Once one gets a taste they all quickly catch on! Now they eat everything I throw for them!

Some of my girls won't touch anything new until I handfeed it. However, with 2 dozen birds, once something generates any interest, it is generally enjoyed by all.

Yogurt and Fresh Spinach
droolin.gif

I just chopped up an extra Kombucha Scoby and fed it to my chicks. I think they think it's a pile of worms. They're running around like crazy with it. Chickens are hilarious. Endless ententertainment.

Last edited:
Raw corn on the cob, and the WLH caught a mouse...which provided my 5 yr old with a good 10 minutes of entertainment. After seeing this, I'm considering moving her into the house.....she's a better mouser than my three lazy cats! (somewhat joking)

In the last week they have been treated to water melon, casaba melons, santa clause melons, oatmeal with yogurt (omg their faces during!!! Covered in yogurt from wattle to comb)

And my big rooster decided that he was going to jump up on my lap amd grab a hold of the other side of my sandwich. So he got some pretzel bread lmao

Back
Top Bottom