What treat did your chickies get today?

1 humongous pumpkins cut in half, cored apples, and 3 day old wheat bread and cherry tomatoes from local grocery free
1f61d.png

A few day old loafs of Hawaiian bread, about a dozen loafs of other day old misc breads, 3 dozen unfrosted day old cupcakes, about a bushel of fresh broccoli tops, about 10 pounds of mushroom caps and maybe a 5 gallon bucket of misc chopped salad greens and spinach...

I also have about 30lbs of bananas to peel for them but that will have to wait until tomorrow...

A few day old loafs of Hawaiian bread, about a dozen loafs of other day old misc breads, 3 dozen unfrosted day old cupcakes, about a bushel of fresh broccoli tops, about 10 pounds of mushroom caps and maybe a 5 gallon bucket of misc chopped salad greens and spinach...

I also have about 30lbs of bananas to peel for them but that will have to wait until tomorrow...
Holy frijoles! How many birds do you have????

You must own a grocery store.

Because I had run out of mixed leaf lettuce (which they love) my gals got spinach instead, to which they turned up their beaks! Even the corn and little bit of BBQ steak I used to make it more appetising to their extremely fussy palate was not enough to entice them to eat it ... they obviously are not hungry!
wink.png

Yes they love watermelon and lettuce but why is everyone on this thread so averse to providing their omnivores meat and fish? That's what they really crave.

Not everyone
wink.png

Only having 6 bantams, besides their coarse grain organic layer mix which they get for breakfast, they also get a treat of mixed leaf lettuce and whatever we had for dinner the night before which may include:

Chicken
Turkey
BBQ Steak
Roast Beef
Roast Lamb
Roast Pork
Hamburgers
Sausages etc

They love sardines! We usually have sausage rolls for lunch on a Saturday or Sunday and we have lunch outside under the gazebo; not sharing with the gals is not an option
wink.png

All in moderation of course.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom