What treat did your chickies get today?

Today mine got some kale, collards, dandelion greens, all of which is fresh big leafy greens i just bought at the grocery store yesterday, they loved shredding it to bits, took the head of broccoli from yesterday out of the coop, they had eaten some of it but forgot about it so reoofered it and they devoured it. Also some dill. I stuck some of the kale and collards in the fence so they could shred it easier. Aaaaannnnndddd... a cucumber tether ball :p

Last edited:
Hot oatmeal mash with a blender full of strawberries grapes peaches pinapple smooothie with a chopped granny smith apple 1/3 non processed honey 1/4 cup of Parsley and Celery flakes,1 tablespoon of minced garlic and 4 cups oatmeal and 4 cups water and 1 raw egg shell included (added 1/2 cup chick starter to my younger chickens bowl

5 gallon bucket full of weeds, grass clippings and creasy greens, a couple of small white pine branches that fell out of the tree (we have lots of wind right now)- they are out there making happy content noises- something to do!!!!
Cracked corn and BOSS.
Later on today most likely mash with a some grapes and apple thrown in.

Strawberries are in season! Yippeeee!!! Managed to get some put away in the freezer and a bowl of sugared strawberries in the frig. The girls got the strawberry tops...major chicken pileup in the coop...doesn't look like anybody got hurt! lol

I put out about 500 pounds of oak shavings and sawdust from some trees I cut down...they dig through the shavings looking for bugs...and seem to find them. And they spread it across the orchard for me. Good birds.

The girls got pork fried rice and earthworms. They ate everything in the rice except the green peas! I saw a great tip on youtube on gathering worms. You just put the spade in the dirt and wiggle it back and forth and the worms come crawling out. I gathered about 50 in 15 minutes. Here is the link:

Back
Top Bottom