What treat did your chickies get today?

Pics
They're the funniest things I've ever seen in my life when it comes to food lmao! This beats watching ANY other kind of animal eat
smile.png

We went to a matinee yesterday and brought home the rest of our popcorn. So they finished that up this morning. I'm on my way out right now to give them a small bowl of wild blackberries I kept around a little too long before freezing. They haven't gone off, just a little wilted looking.

A couple of hours from now, they'll get the peelings/cores from some pears. I'm doing some canning this morning, so the girls (and boys) will score.

My chickens are definitely spoiled, I am a "feeder".

Deb

mine got an entire 9 X 12 pan of Rhubarb cobbler this morning for breakfast. I was even nice enough to nuke it for them. (I made it yesterday and it stunk). They wouldnt eat it either.....

When I get in, i will let them out to free range until dark. They go over to the neighbors who leaves any leftovers out for them (and she is a GREAT cook), then they come back to me by the birdfeeder for seed, scratch, and water.

At dark they will get a handfull of scratch to put them to bed.

I give each one a drink of water when they are on the perch before they go to bed for the night.....
roll.png

A pretty pumpkin from my husband's patch. They absolutely adore it and swarm it whenever i crack it open and toss it over the fence. Plus I have read that it is good for worm prevention too.

our chickens love a nice raw meatball.... not the cheap greasy stuff, it has to be extra lean...96/4 or they give me the stank eye and bite my fingers!!

Back
Top Bottom