What treat did your chickies get today?

I took out some fresh raw pumpkin and a couple slices of oatnut bread. It's funny when they peck off a piece too big to swallow and run and the others give chase! Worth a couple of fresh slices of bread to me.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Isn't the chase game so funny? I could watch that all day.
lau.gif

Quote:
BHep I'm shocked, how come your not incubating them?

X2

Miss Lydia and I are sad because our duck egg records are slowly fading away. Not even enough to bake with.

Yep not nary a duck egg to be found around these parts.
sad.png
But the chickens are still spitting them out a little. so thats good.
smile.png

They and I went to the wet wood pile and flipped logs and stripped off bark. The biggest treats were the adult and larval stag beetles. Wood lice /sow bugs are also appreciated by my friends. They had raisins earlier. I heard raisins are bad for dogs, but I guess OK for chickens. They will race across the yard if they think I have raisins. When I buy a box and they are drier than I like them, they get the majority of them.

You beat me to the post. I split wood today and they feasted on Best Beetles and their larva very similar to stag beetles. They also enjoyed some earthworms, roaches and pill bugs. In addition to some lima bean plant, whole oats and mealworms. I gave them the mealworms this morning had I known about the feast to come would have just saved them LOL.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom