What treat did your chickies get today?

Treats on a cool day, yesterday: mealworms, fresh kale, scratch, and some warm corn off the cobb prior to roosting time. -of note, our little OEGB pullet snagged a small frog for a treat.
hmm.png

I've been canning pumpkin and squash, so I've been giving them bowls of left overs and seeds. They wipe it out in a hurry. I also had some old steel cut oatmeal that I didn't use, and put it on top of their feed. GONE ... in 60 Seconds!

I'm about done with my parsley plant for the year, so think I'll set the pot in their run.

Glad I only had a few sunflowers survive this summer in the garden. I wanted a whole row so I could give them to my girls as a treat. I gave them a large sunflower head this morning.....hum.....I thought they would be so excited. Apparently it does not interest them...so I am back to giving them left over tomatoes and spaghetti squash. I guess I will bring the sunflower head back to the house for my goldfinch and other birds at the feeder....lol

Yogurt! As Lacey demonstrates here.

She's spotted the dish in my hand!

It didn't take her long to dive right in, beak first.

The look of a happy chicken!

Going back for seconds.

Last edited:
Ours got turned out into the garden. They are HAPPY chickens...spent the day scratching and kicking mulch, straw and rabbit poo all over the place and picking all the grape tomatoes.

Back
Top Bottom