What's in a Username??

I'm an artist and I was a chick once

Ha ha I thought that was totally going to go a different direction

okiemommy: I'm an okie and a mommy. Self explanatory I 'spose​

my soon to be husbands name is cornbread at work. somebody just called him that one day and it stuck! (we do construction work and those guys will say anything!) we met there and so everybody just started calling me lightbread. 48 is just a random number i picked.

Mine is simple: I love my chickies!
lol.png

Honestly I can't remember where Kanchii came from! It's been my online/gaming name for ages! I believe there was a similar word, though i edited the spelling, that meant 'fang' or 'claw' or something in Japanese. I can't remember...
gig.gif

Cetawin is my name translated into Lakotah, my first name is LadyHawk.

Ceta = hawk win= lady or woman

In my native language it is AgeyaTowodi, a Lakotah friend gave me the "Cetawin" translation years ago and it was easier for folks to remember so it stuck.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Kanchi in Japanese is the name of the writing. Such as writing my name in Kanchi or japanese symbols. With 2 iis I am not sure of the meaning.

Quote:
That is so interesting!

I name my aloe vera plants Lakota names. They all have to be something good, so I have them:

Waste
Lila Waste
Tekicihila

I have forgotten the spelling, after all these years, for the last, but it's supposed to be:

Teh-key-chi-hee-lah...I think.

I think the others are correct....

Lee-luh Wash-tay. Is that correct?

Do you happen to know of a good Lakota name, (or one in English, if you have an idea!) easy to pronounce, that would fit a pretty little flax colored, small, male, pet goat with blue eyes? He's very sweet, but bold, too.
smile.png

2manyhats .... I play many roles. Wife, mother, friend, Physical Therapist in private practice with DH, homeschooler (only until these last report cards are done). Amy Grant had a song with the line "too many things on my head - hats" It fit so there it is.

Quote:
That is so interesting!

Do you happen to know of a good Lakota name, (or one in English, if you have an idea!) easy to pronounce, that would fit a pretty little flax colored, small, male, pet goat with blue eyes? He's very sweet, but bold, too.
smile.png

Sent you a PM and will work on that...
big_smile.png
By the way Cetawin is pronounced
She-Tong-We the g makes the sound of the g in filet mignon.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom