When did you know that you were turning into your mother or father?

I swear I yelled "Don't make me pull over this car!!!!" the other day, and I meant every word of it. AND, I pulled over and they got REAL quiet. Don't know what they thought I was going to do.

Quote:
India
hide.gif

Mine were in Africa, so when those "save the children" commericials came on about feeding them for the cost of a cup of coffee came on she could point.....

Somehow I don't think starvation could make her cooking appitizing (boiled mushy spinach and a cup of vinegar is NOT a side dish, it's a bio wepon).

Mr Saddi said in his house the starving children were in Ethopia, and he would offer to put his dinner in a baggie and mail it (his momma's cooking, let's say it's a good thing she's a looker ok?)

Last edited:
There was a point I knew I did not ever want to be like my mother and father and I have tried hard not to ever become anything like them. My dad is now a changed man and a man of God. He is totally different than he was back during my childhood...something I am glad for but my mom is still the same. Sad...

When I caught myself wandering around every morning asking everyone "Did you see my Coffee Cup? Does anyone know where Mommy set her Coffee down??"...

Quote:
Guilty.
big_smile.png

At least I never told my kids there are children starving in africa right?
gig.gif

I can't eat left overs, they just don't taste the same. But, I'm guilty, I tell my kids all the time, that there are starving little Ethiopians that would love to have the food they waste.....

i'm already turning into my mom and i'm (how do i say this?) not of an age where that happens yet. i can see my mom turning into my grandma, and myself turning into my mom. we think it's hilarious, Mom will say something and I'll be like " you sounded just like Grannie," then i'll turn around and do the same thing. i acutally think it's pretty cool
big_smile.png

I made some hand gesture in the car, like pointing or something and I KNEW - and I said, "Oh my gosh, when did my mom's hand get on the end of my arm????"

DH & I tell our kids that when they find "The One" they need to have their parents and us together for dinner. Then watch the parents together because you will be turning into your same-sex parent and they will as well. So my son would be watching, DH and "The One's" mom -- THAT'S who you will be tegether in 30 years, LOL!

We see it now in DH & me, we're only in our early 40's - so far, we just laugh about it
wink.png

We are not really acting like them...but we're starting to look like them!

Every once in awhile my Hubby looks just like his dad, especially with the glasses he now has to wear... I do not notice it so much on myself except when I see a photo of myself..Whoa! that is mom!

My siblings don't have kids, so they point out to me all the time about me being like Mom. I have to say, I don't mind it, my Mom was great! My sister however LOOKS exactly Like my Mother, I pointed that out to her our last trip together, they even have the same haircut!!
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom