White Eyes

KsKingBee

Free Ranging
10 Years
Sep 29, 2013
The Scenic Flint Hills of Kansas
I have an IB Pied who I am sure that it had White Eyes last year, not a lot, bus a dozen or more. His train is about 2/3 grown and I don't see any this year. Is it possible to reverse and not get any a year after having some?

I have an IB Pied who I am sure that it had White Eyes last year, not a lot, bus a dozen or more. His train is about 2/3 grown and I don't see any this year. Is it possible to reverse and not get any a year after having some?
Noticed the same thing here and i think what has happened is my boy has more feathers this year than last and not as many of the new ones came in white eyes, my male only has one white eyed gene so not all his train feathers have the white eyes .

Opps sorry i just reread your post.
are you saying he has no white eyes at all this year?

Yes. Zero White Eyes on the train. If it happens that way sometimes I am ok, if it is unheard of I am mistaken and need to change my pairings for him. I bought him three hens because he had WE, now I don't see any.
idunno.gif

Yes.  Zero White Eyes on the train.  If it happens that way sometimes I am ok, if it is unheard of I am mistaken and need to change my pairings for him.  I bought him three hens because he had WE, now I don't see any.  :idunno

Well if he had white eyes in a previous year, the genetics are still there ;-)

How a feather follicle programmed to produce feathered white eyes produce normal feathers?
Climate change?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom