White Leghorn, the forgotten breed

Hi! I am new to BYC. and backyard chickens as well.. I got 3 chicks from a local farmer and I am unsure if the white leghorn is a male or female. Being in the city we cant keep roosters. the leghorn is so personable and sweet, just loves sitting in my lap. I am really hoping that "she" is in fact a "she!"

the comb is rather large, but still pinker than it is red. "she" will be 8 weeks old this coming Sunday. Any thoughts?

Hi! I am new to BYC. and backyard chickens as well.. I got 3 chicks from a local farmer and I am unsure if the white leghorn is a male or female. Being in the city we cant keep roosters. the leghorn is so personable and sweet, just loves sitting in my lap. I am really hoping that "she" is in fact a "she!" the comb is rather large, but still pinker than it is red. "she" will be 8 weeks old this coming Sunday. Any thoughts?
I'm gonna say pullet because leghorns have big combs whether they are male or female. And you said it's still pink.

Looks like our White Leghorn, "Fred", IS our trusty layer. This morning there were no eggs in the coop, but I did find two eggs in Fred's favorite shade spot under the edge of the duck "pond"/pool. Now that the ducks have been re-homed, I will have space to put some nesting boxes in the coop, before any of my ladies decide they want to lay their eggs Easter-Egg style.
tongue.png

- TieDyeMommy

my 2 white leghorn pullets are 3 months now and there combs are very little is that normal i got them at tsc and i know how they confuse breed ssoo is it still a leghorn it has yellow legs and pure whit i got some columbian rocks black and white ones and there a week and they all look the same is it still a leghorn or is a it a pullet of columbians PLZ BE LEGHORNS and also do leghorns produce eggs sooner than other breeds

my 2 white leghorn pullets are 3 months now and there combs are very little is that normal i got them at tsc and i know how they confuse breed ssoo is it still a leghorn it has yellow legs and pure whit i got some columbian rocks black and white ones and there a week and they all look the same is it still a leghorn or is a it a pullet of columbians PLZ BE LEGHORNS and also do leghorns produce eggs sooner than other breeds

It's tail should stick up in the air very different from all the other chickens

Back
Top Bottom