WHO IS EXPECTING APRIL CHICKS?????

I know MPC hatches at Meyers so I wouldn't worry. You might call at 3 eastern time which I believe is around actual hatch/ship time for them to get your tracking number. Do NOT put any faith in your tracking. A example is my chick's were hatched and shipped same place yours will be day before yesterday. I was really worried because of the long trip from ohio to California. On hatch day tracking said my chick's went to the Cleveland shipping hub I had no more tracking for 24 hours
I get a call that afternoon my chick's were here! ALL HEALTHY THANK GOD. I'm sure yours will be too. They take special care to ship with heat pack on time. Your chicks will be here in no time
smile.png
Thank you for sharing your experience, that does make me feel so much better! I can't believe that your chicks made it from OH to CA in 24 hours - if hatching in Cleveland, mine only have a 4 hour drive... I'm glad i turned on the Ecoglow this morning just in case.

Today is supposed to be my ship day from MPC and its my first time ordering from them. I didn't get any rare breeds. It's 1:45pm EST and I haven't heard anything from them, or received any emails w/shipping confirmation. Is this normal? What have been others experiences?
I received mine last week from MPC. Last year I also ordered from them. Last year, they sent an email with the USPS tracking number, which the USPS never updated until AFTER I received the chicks the next day. This year I didn't get any email, and still got them the day after they were to be shipped. Both times they came into our Post Office around 10-11 AM.

I received mine last week from MPC. Last year I also ordered from them. Last year, they sent an email with the USPS tracking number, which the USPS never updated until AFTER I received the chicks the next day. This year I didn't get any email, and still got them the day after they were to be shipped. Both times they came into our Post Office around 10-11 AM.
I just got the email with a tracking number! Hopefully that means chicks tomorrow!
ya.gif

I got my chicks this morning! I am excited about them, but I got 1 DOA and one that was so far gone I thought she wouldn't make it. I spent the whole morning trying to revive her and she is finally eating and drinking.
I was supposed to get a white Orpington I ordered w the ornamental layers, but none of them look like one. The only solid color in the bunch is kind of orangey. I thought a white bird started out as very light yellow.
For all that, I give McM a "B".
Oh, I'm using the MHP. The chicks are loving it!

I know MPC hatches at Meyers so I wouldn't worry. You might call at 3 eastern time which I believe is around actual hatch/ship time for them to get your tracking number. Do NOT put any faith in your tracking. A example is my chick's were hatched and shipped same place yours will be day before yesterday. I was really worried because of the long trip from ohio to California. On hatch day tracking said my chick's went to the Cleveland shipping hub I had no more tracking for 24 hours
I get a call that afternoon my chick's were here! ALL HEALTHY THANK GOD. I'm sure yours will be too. They take special care to ship with heat pack on time. Your chicks will be here in no time
smile.png
Actually, MPC is not a middleman for Meyer's. Alex (from MPC) explained this once in the MPC reviews thread The Post Office doesn't make the tracking info available immediately, unfortunately, and when you finally get it expect it be a bit off. Both times I ordered, the tracking information said that my chicks were delivered. In reality they were sitting on the loading dock in Casper, Wy - over night. The first batch the temp that night got down to -17. The second batch it was warmer- 20 degrees. Not MPC's fault, it was the PO. Alex's post linked below.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/667507/my-pet-chicken-reviews/430#post_16518999

Thanks for the support, FlyWheel! Must have been scary to see that heat lamp inside your brooder!!!
Last time I brooded chicks, the cord of the heat lamp was extremely hot by the end of brooding time (4 weeks of continued use) and I really felt it could have started a fire if I kept that heat lamp plugged.
So when I found the MHP thread I knew I had to try it. I hope I'm doing everything right.

2 Easter Eggers:

<Snip!>
Awwwww! Rosa is so cute! Sometimes I really wish their chick coloring carried through to adulthood

We just had our very 1st hatch! 27 out of 41 made it! My husband filled the incubator up again the day after the last 1 hatched. Expecting this bunch to be here the last day of April!

Back
Top Bottom